Question I keep getting micro stutters and fps drops

Jul 22, 2024
My laptop has an I9 13th gen and a 3050 gpu, lately almost every game such as cyberpunk or xdefiant I get slight micro stutters and fps drops and I can't figure out why. I'm fairly sure it's not being caused by thermal throttling or anything but I can't figure out why its happening.

My laptop has an I9 13th gen and a 3050 gpu, lately almost every game such as cyberpunk or xdefiant I get slight micro stutters and fps drops and I can't figure out why. I'm fairly sure it's not being caused by thermal throttling or anything but I can't figure out why its happening.

What resolution are you playing on ?

Also go into settings/ display/ graphics / turn of GPU accelerated it can cause stutter and hanging.

Jul 22, 2024
exact model of the laptop?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?
the exact model of the laptop is the asus vivobook q540vj
both cpu and gpu are typically running around 70 - 80 celcius
ram usage is about 60 to 65 percent usage and ssd is about 5 to 10 percent usage

I typically use 2880x1620 for resolution
also disabling GPU acceleration sadly didn't help

That GPU can't handle that resolution.

Turn down the resolution

1,920 1,080

Or 1920 by 1200

If you haven't already you can turn on Nvidia frame gen tech which drops res manually

Or you can try to keep that resolution

But do a mix of medium and low.

I would have textures medium

Shadows low
Any settings that use reflection low

Keep your anti aliasing at x16 or x87

Basically you want to lower the amount of things the GPU needs to do as the 3050 isn't a power house

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2024
That GPU can't handle that resolution.

Turn down the resolution

1,920 1,080

Or 1920 by 1200

If you haven't already you can turn on Nvidia frame gen tech which drops res manually

Or you can try to keep that resolution

But do a mix of medium and low.

I would have textures medium

Shadows low
Any settings that use reflection low

Keep your anti aliasing at x16 or x87

Basically you want to lower the amount of things the GPU needs to do as the 3050 isn't a power house
but it used to run nearly any game at high settings but now any game I play has stuttering no matter how low the graphics are, why would it suddenly be having issues?