[SOLVED] Logitech g502 hero doesnt hold left click

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango232

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
I bought my first g502 in March, afew months later it stopped holding the left click and then started double clicking. Took it back and got a replacement,this new one I got few months ago is doing the same thing.
Instead of just replacing or RMA it, is there any other fixes i can try?
I've seen a video where they take it apart and bend the little copper spring, could it be as simple as that?

Solution
I watched that video, Doug's a riot. But if you watch the whole thing, bleeps and all, at the end the fix fails, and the mouse gets tossed in the trash.

He also goes on to say, Don't do it (repeatedly), but wth, go ahead and try it, you've got nothing to loose at that point.

So, you have a choice, trash the warranty and possible upgrade/sidegrade since this is mouse #2 that's failed or go ahead and try for an upgrade/side grade since it is mouse #3 you are looking at.

Just take into consideration that it's a micro switch that's at fault, not the mouse in general, so any fix you do is going to be temporary at best, that copper spring has flattened out already and metal fatigue will guarantee the spring will reflatten in a much...

tango232

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
I understand that. Then is there a way I can try to clean it or something? I can't believe that 2, 100$ mice are having the same problem in a few months of buying is a design flaw

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I watched that video, Doug's a riot. But if you watch the whole thing, bleeps and all, at the end the fix fails, and the mouse gets tossed in the trash.

He also goes on to say, Don't do it (repeatedly), but wth, go ahead and try it, you've got nothing to loose at that point.

So, you have a choice, trash the warranty and possible upgrade/sidegrade since this is mouse #2 that's failed or go ahead and try for an upgrade/side grade since it is mouse #3 you are looking at.

Just take into consideration that it's a micro switch that's at fault, not the mouse in general, so any fix you do is going to be temporary at best, that copper spring has flattened out already and metal fatigue will guarantee the spring will reflatten in a much shorter period of time.

Reactions: tango232
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS