Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Gaming Keyboard? views? what keyboard do you use?

Solution
Okay, that's the spring resonating. It generally means that you're releasing the key faster than the spring can lift the mechanisms. It essentially enters a freely accelerating state, and slams into the top of the key housing. This impact causes the spring to shake and resonate.

It's normally more obvious when the spring is slightly misaligned. You should contact Logitech and find out if they consider that to be a defect. They might not.

The type of damping required to reduce that sound is a royal pain to install. It requires putting rubber inside of the switch body rather than just under the cap. If they don't consider that a defect, then let us know, and I can try to find a guide on disassembling Romer-G switches, and walk you...
I have two computers that I regularly use. On one, I use a Corsair K70 with a Logitech G13. That's my work setup, but I honestly prefer it overall to my second setup.

On my other computer, I have a Logitech G510. I don't like the feel of it as much as the Cherry Browns in the K70, but it takes up less space if you need the macro keys. This keyboard is soon to be replaced with the Das Keyboard 5q and a G13.

Regarding the G810, I haven't heard anything particularly bad about it, but it doesn't really offer much over the Corsair keyboards. The only real difference I can think of (other than the switch branding) is that the Logitech macro keys support Lua scripts. Corsair boards don't. Most people don't care, but I use the scripts extensively. For most people, the decision comes down to price.

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Yh kinda like thar but wen i press it there a light pingy echo sound

If it's brand new, the switches my stick slightly before rebounding. That goes away with use.

Do all of the keys make the sound?
Do the keys make the sound if you press the key halfway instead of all the way?
Do the keys make the sound if you press and release the key slowly?

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Ill report back in few hours

It mostlu happens wen i press hard

And mostly all keys make ping yes

Maybe ill get used to it?

Is it your first mechanical keyboard?

If so, you're more likely to adjust how you type just by using it. Mechanical keys don't need nearly as much force to operate as membrane keyboards. Eventually, muscle memory will kick in, and it will mostly resolve itself.

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Makes sense i may get used to sound

Yes first mechanical

I have 30 days to get used to it

If it's too annoying, you should check out the Cherry MX Silent switches and o-ring mods. The o-rings don't really help the rebound noise, but will dramatically reduce the noise when you bottom out the switches.

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

I got this for 99 pounds

I cant afford more

Its a black switch?

Regarding the switch in the G810, it's a Romer-G switch. Only Logitech uses those. Forget the O-ring mods. Apparently they aren't compatible with the Romer-G switches at all.

Regarding the MX Silent switches:

The MX Silent is used in this keyboard, for one:
https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816065

There are four MX Silent models: the Red, Black, and the RGB versions of the same. The MX Silent Black is not the same as the MX Black. It uses the same internals, but also has a damping treatment added to make it quieter. It's the same deal with the other models. They take a switch, apply damping, and call it a Silent switch.

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Sound like this but lower

https://youtu.be/a2hNEIvDon8

Lisen to the ping

Okay, that's the spring resonating. It generally means that you're releasing the key faster than the spring can lift the mechanisms. It essentially enters a freely accelerating state, and slams into the top of the key housing. This impact causes the spring to shake and resonate.

It's normally more obvious when the spring is slightly misaligned. You should contact Logitech and find out if they consider that to be a defect. They might not.

The type of damping required to reduce that sound is a royal pain to install. It requires putting rubber inside of the switch body rather than just under the cap. If they don't consider that a defect, then let us know, and I can try to find a guide on disassembling Romer-G switches, and walk you through realigning the spring and installing the damping treatment.

Solution

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

oh nice one i never bought it from logitech but a place called maplin, in the video mine isnt as loud as that, so maybe im just over thinking ill use it for a day and go to get an exhcange if that sounds same ill follow your guide