Logitech is Making Notebook Coolers Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I've always been more worried that the high electronic frequencies emanating from my computer might be sterilizing me. I long ago stopped using my laptop on my lap. When they create one of these products out of lead, I'll be interested.

That said, is the powered cooler ergonomic for lap use? I.e. can I put the cooler on my lap comfortably? That's what I really want in a laptop cooler.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I've always been more worried that the high electronic frequencies emanating from my computer might be sterilizing me. I long ago stopped using my laptop on my lap.[/citation]
Are you being Sarcastic? If not, you have some serious problems!

These coolers just look like more laptop coolers, nothing special, and mine will continue to do just fine.

hahyonhwatha

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
An excellent summary of the issues, especially the actual useage. But Cooling Stands all make an engineering mistake. All laptops have the same design fault. The cooling port is blocked off by lap, pillow, rug etc. Cooling Stands help, but not because of their fans. The small "centrifugal fans" necessarily suck in their centre and blow on their perimeter. The CPU fan sucks air from directly beneath up into the laptop and out the sides. A Cooling Stand fan sucks down and sideways from the same space the laptop is trying to suck up. This doesn't help. It takes power and makes noise. However the Stand does solve the real problem but doesn't need the fan to do it. It conveniently and cheaply makes sure the normal laptop cooling air passage is not impeded.

Here's a solution with hobby store materials.
hahyonhwatha
http://1journey.net/1candle/cp/cooling.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.