Question Logitech M510 mouse jumps around screen and freezes

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My Logitech M510 wireless mouse with Unifying Software jumps and freezes more than a real mouse being tracked by a hungry cat. I also have a Logitech MK320 (mn 820-008582) which works fine. I moved the dongle from being directly on the pc to the end of a 3 foot long USB extension cord in an attempt to move it farther from the pc and the TCL TV/monitor. Also put fresh batteries in. The PC is running win10 w/16GB RAM and an Athlon 5400+ CPU running at 2.8 GHz (slightly O/C).
I've tried using the mouse on a matte black lapdesk, on the arm of a couch, on cardboard, and every other surface in the room. None make any difference. When it does work, the cursor will move far faster than just moving the mouse. Any ideas what's up? Any resolutions?

Lutfij

Titan
The PC is running win10 w/16GB RAM and an Athlon 5400+ CPU running at 2.8 GHz (slightly O/C).
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Do you have this issue on another, donor, platform?