Logitech Puts Windows-8 Button on a Wireless Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirskeetsalot2013

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
All you had to do was press windows key one time on your keyboard to get to start screen before 8.1, and still works.

Then the magical windows key + Q to search for all apps/files by typing the name. I found it way faster than looking on a start menu used it in all previous versions of windows too.

USAFRet

Titan
My several month old Logitech Performance MX does this already.
In what is the thumbrest area of the pictured mouse, a slight click scrolls through whatever Metro apps are in the background.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Logitech "will be releasing" this mouse? Logitech already released this mouse.... Amazon has been selling this mouse for at least 3 weeks now.... Seems a few review sites are late on this one....

USAFRet

Titan

You can disable it, you know.
And as amazing as it seems, not everyone is into that sort of game...:)

3ogdy

Distinguished
Running Windows h8 with a triple screen set-up is a nightmare...especially given where the Charms bar is located - it was a pain in the ass to turn the computer off since the mouse cursor would go on the other screen instead of opening the actual menu.
I hope other peripheral manufacturers follow suit, but that doesn't really matter that much to me since I'm a Logitech fan myself and I hope they use this feature on all their future mice. I'd love to have that functionality integrated.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Perhaps this mouse isn't for you then?

Most gamers wont use this wireless mouse but rather the G700s or a Razr wireless mouse.

I also would assume it can be disabled, much like most gaming keyboards allow for the windows key to be disabled.

Windows+C, works every time

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Have people learn ALT+F4 , ALT+TAB and nobody bats an eye, ask them to remember Windows+C and everybody looses their minds :D
I bet there are lots of guys who have no clue what Windows+D or Windows+E does...

Status
Not open for further replies.