[SOLVED] Logitech webcam not being detected by video conferences

highstream

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2012
This week video conferencing from others is not connecting to my Logitech C510 HD webcam on my desktop PC (I have Sprectrum cable). In one case, Web-Ex, it was the camera only; in the other, Cisco, it was both audio and camera. Running the Zoom test meeting right now, audio is sometimes heard but the camera is not, although it's checked in the Select Camera list. I think the last that worked was a Zoom conference last Saturday. Although I had my picture off on the conference, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't detected.

On my end, the Logitech software seems to be working as usual (I can see myself). The only change I've made since last week is updating Win 10 Pro to the newly released version. Changing browsers didn't fix it. Drivers are current and disabling/re-enabling them in Device Mgr and rebooting didn't fix it. What else is there to look at? I haven't used Windows Camera, but notice that Camera and Desktop App Viewer are turned off, if that has anything to do with it. Thanks,

Last edited:
Solution
Not sure that I have correctly followed your actions to date: however, did you try "WIN" + "I" > Privacy > Camera?

Check the settings therein.

Solved it. In Logitech, I typically open Motion Detect to check that the camera and I are properly positioned. Just now at the Zoom Test and then Webex Test, when I closed it, each showed me. Didn't realize the conflict.

As for Camera, it's disabled. Any reason to change that, since using Logitech?

highstream

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2012
Not sure that I have correctly followed your actions to date: however, did you try "WIN" + "I" > Privacy > Camera?

Check the settings therein.

Solved it. In Logitech, I typically open Motion Detect to check that the camera and I are properly positioned. Just now at the Zoom Test and then Webex Test, when I closed it, each showed me. Didn't realize the conflict.

As for Camera, it's disabled. Any reason to change that, since using Logitech?

Last edited:
Solution

highstream

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2012
Easier here to close the program and move the camera down to the side, since the Logitech is an easy remount.Don’t normally use it very often, which was the problem this time in forgetting that Motion Detect had to be closed.