Question Logitech X-530 Speakers - No Audio

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Hey Guys, Not sure if I am posting this in the correct area (Home Audio vs PC) but I saw similar questions get answers in this area. I have a set of Logitech x-530 speakers (bought them over 10 years ago). And they recently stopped producing audio. I have the power on indicator on the main satellite speaker but nothing in the audio. I can't even hear the fizz of the speakers when I crank the volume while there is no input. I can't seem to tell if its an input issue, control issue or amp issue. Anyone else have any issues with their units like this going bad? Really not looking to shell out for another $150 for some computer audio. Thanks guys!

Without fixing/replacing parts no way to know where the issue may be. Those things were well under $100 when new, the current cheaper 5.1 set from Logitech is the Z606, you can also buy the same speakers you have used for about $50, maybe less if local to you. You can find some very good speakers for about $100 if you just want a good stereo set, these are on sale now for 120 and will sound better than your old set https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProM...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-571699445478&psc=1 For something cheaper with same quality are your broken ones in a 2.1 set, Logitech Z313 are good.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
I appreciate the feed back and product advice. I’ll try and tear it down and look for any lose or broken wires before I scrap it. If it’s already broken it can’t hurt right?

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
It seems in my case there was a loose wire with the headphone jack. I am guessing it made it think headphones were plugged in and not providing pass through to the speakers.