[SOLVED] Logitech Z606 speaker setup help

Kalik212

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
I'm looking to get a decent 5.1 setup for my PC...I settled on the Logitech Z606 but I'm totally confused as to how to hook this up to my PC...apparently you need to connect it a certain way to get true 5.1 surround involving RCA cables but the box only comes with one 3.5mm to RCA cable...apparently you need three of those cables...I attached a pic of the I/O on the back of my motherboard case as well as a picture of the Z606 connections on the subwoofer...I also included a Hardware Canucks video where he explains how to set it up on a PC but I'm still confused

1) so I need to buy 2 additional 3.5mm to RCA cables like this one from Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8JW0

2) so I connect the 2 parts of the RCA cable into the Front Right/Left of the subwoofer?...same with Rear Right/Left and connect it to my PC (Line-Out, RS Out)

3) so then the final RCA cable connects to the Subwoofer/Center connections on the sub and into the CS-Out port on my PC?...so that 1 cable connecting both Center and Sub goes into the CS-Out connection on my PC?

View: https://youtu.be/K8UJpQJ0mZk?t=247

Solution
Yes correct. Fronts, rears as you said it. Centre speaker and sub share the output.

Very lame on Logitech's part not to include a measly few dollars worth of two extra 3.5mm to rca cables...

Kalik212

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
Yes correct. Fronts, rears as you said it. Centre speaker and sub share the output.

Very lame on Logitech's part not to include a measly few dollars worth of two extra 3.5mm to rca cables...

so what is the 'Output- Speaker Terminals' connections section used for on the Z606?...so I don't need to use that section for connecting to my PC?

Kalik212

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
The output terminals are only for your speakers. The rca inputs are from the computer. The sub is the amp that powers the speakers. Think i understood your question?

ok so both the Input and Output areas need to be connected?...the speakers will connect to the Output area with the bare wire connectors while the 3.5mm RCA cable connects from the Input area to the I/O shield speaker connectors on the back of my PC?

is this the correct 3.5mm RCA cable to get?
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-10...&sprefix=monoprice+5597,electronics,54&sr=1-1

Kalik212

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
these aren't the greatest set of PC speakers but it seems decent for a Desktop 5.1 setup at a reasonable price...not including all the cable connections is a really bad look though for a big company like Logitech...most people will probably just buy it without realizing it

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I have owned couple of their speaker sets, 2.1 z623 and 5.1 x540 from 2009. Quality wise has been great but would think they supplied appropriate cables to fully operate their product from box since it doesn't have optical input. Just silly.

TRENDING THREADS