News Logitech's G604 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Falls to $60

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
I don't like how the G604 went down to a Single AA battery.

The G602 used 2x AA batteries and had incredible battery life time.

I don't understand why Logitech changed that design and made it so that you had to swap batteries more often.

It seems like a dumb move by a Mouse Designer who doesn't get the appeal of the G602 and it's super long battery life.

I don't understand why Logitech changed that design and made it so that you had to swap batteries more often.
It seems like a dumb move by a Mouse Designer who doesn't get the appeal of the G602 and it's super long battery life.

Not dumb at all. AAA battery is heavy enough to feel it if you need to move the mouse fast. If you are concerned environmentalist (wink), use AAA rechargeable batteries.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Not dumb at all. AAA battery is heavy enough to feel it if you need to move the mouse fast. If you are concerned environmentalist (wink), use AAA rechargeable batteries.
I use 2x AA Recharge-able Sanyo Eneloops on my G602, and the mouse isn't heavy enough that I bitch about the weight.

With 2x AA batteries it has a rated battery life of:
@500 Hz Polling = _250 Hr ~10.417 days
@125 Hz Polling = 1440 Hr ~60.000 days

Maybe I'm a old gamer, but the weight of the G602 with 2x AA seems fine to me

Flash Cloud

Honorable
Jul 18, 2015
I don't like how the G604 went down to a Single AA battery.

The G602 used 2x AA batteries and had incredible battery life time.

I have this mouse. The battery longevity is better than what you posted for the G602. On bluetooth mode I get battery life of 6 months. On lightspeed mode it lasts about 2-3 months.