Logitech's G910 'Orion Spark' Sparkles With RGB Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Well, finally a good looking mechanical keyboard. Well, this one is for people who want something that looks (and performs) just as much as it costs. To be honest i was expecting Logitech to be the (first) one to give us this.

hannibal

Distinguished
LCD screen like in g15 or g510 would be nice to have also in these mechanical keyboards... I Personally still think that g107 is better than this, but that is a matter of taste.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
If you say that a lcd screen would suit it better, look again. I'm curious to what that "arx dock" really is. I think it is a dock that enables your phone as the lcd screen.

zpam

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
180 greens?!! What are you bananas? I can get a good Corsair keyboard and have some money to spare.

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Logitech makes some good peripherals, unfortunately, the keyboards have never lasted very long for me...not too mention, this is just way too over the top. I will pass.

eltoro

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Noise is an important factor, as I often play at night and don't want to keep the light-sleepers in the house awake.
Any idea about the level of noise to be expected from these mechanical keys?
I have no idea about such noise in the conventional mechanical keyboards with the Cherry MX switches, nor with these new Romer-G switches.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Is it me or does vertical mounting for the ARX dock seem too high? Seems like a horizontal arrangement for the phone would be less intrusive. Plus if your charging port is on the bottom of the phone this would eliminate the ability to charge your phone while you have the screen on...which would be kind of important for any lengthy gaming sessions.

hannibal

Distinguished

Interesting...
Is it a dock system or blue tooth based? The tablet in the picture would say that blue tooth. Have too see a real test about this feature!

I think Logitech makes the best keyboards. The lighting options are pretty awesome and can match any rig. I like being able to customize the key colors all over the keyboard. If you're not a wrist-rest user, this keyboard is pretty much your standard rectangle.

As far as the phone mount with the phone app ....If I can't have a screen close to monitor level, it's not something I'm going to look at while gaming anyway. This integration is what probably gives this keyboard a higher price tag and to me makes it not worth the $179 cost.

When I'm gaming, I'm looking at the monitor, not the keyboard. That up and down from what would be the phone mount location to the monitor is just silly. Logitech needs to come up with something better than screens on the keyboard. There's a reason other companies aren't doing this too. Anything that takes your vision away from the screen while gaming (especially with shooters), puts you at a disadvantage.

Logitech should release another version of this keyboard without the associated cost of the phone mount.

piiman

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
" Logitech needs to come up with something better than screens on the keyboard."

ARX control is just an app for phone or tablet and you don't even need to keyboard to use it just Logitech gaming software. You can sit the phone anywhere you want within Bluetooth range

ROCCAT does something similar with their "Power grid" apps

piiman

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014

The Corsair k95 RGB with macro keys is 189.00 the k70 RGB is 169.00
so you're either going to pay 10.00 more or get a lesser keyboard for 10 bucks less.

This board is in line with all the other RGB gaming keyboards out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.