[SOLVED] Long boot time ?

Jul 7, 2024
Is 77 seconds a normal boot time+logintime for an hdd? I just wanted to know because I'm getting tired of waiting this long just to boot up and log into windows

USAFRet

Titan
Is 77 seconds a normal boot time+logintime for an hdd? I just wanted to know because I'm getting tired of waiting this long just to boot up and log into windows
Thats different, and shorter, than the "my hdd takes about 4 minutes to load up steam and about 1.5 minutes to get to the home screen itself." from your other post.

A LOT of this depends on the software involved, and what is in the startup.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thats about right it can vary some depending on how long it takes the motherboard to go through the self check. Also the amount of items start when booting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBMffrpxQc

Reactions: aff2
Thats not terrible for a HDD, sounds like its in pretty good health, they tend to slow way down once once they age.

I get 13.9 sec on a gen 4 m.2 SSD, but I got a ton of things on start up, My server is 8 sec, but less things starting up on a slower SSD and a Enterprise version of Windows 10 with none of that bloated junk.

Even a sata SSD would improve that and well worth it in my opinion, keep the HDD for games, unless you are happy with it.

Good Luck!