[SOLVED] Long loading times after factory reset of laptop?

Jan 31, 2022
I recently did a factory reset on my Razer Blade 14 (2021) and afterwards, my laptop experienced some abnormally long loading times during the setup process. During setup, after choosing the country region option, it took about 5 minutes to load to the next screen. After choosing the keyboard layout option, again it took another 5 minutes or so to load to the next screen. Just wondering if this could be normal or if it's a sign of a hardware issue ? Thanks.

Solution
Thanks very much USAFRet. So Windows 10 is downloading and installing updates even during the time I'm going through the initial Windows 10 setup process like choosing the country region and keyboard layout?
Yes, along with a lot of other setup.

It did this same thing when you first took it out of the box and powered it on.
Now, however, it has a lot more updates to go through.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Resetting the laptop with a Microsoft OS on it is moot, I'd have reinstalled the OS. Another point to note, is if your ISP might be bogged down with bandwidth then your install process might be hampered...and the same can also happen if your installer is corrupt. Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS? Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with? I've been assuming you were on Windows 10.

Reactions: clueless computers
Jan 31, 2022
Thanks Lutfij for your feedback, I really appreciate it. You're correct that the OS I'm using is Windows 10.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but I used the "Reset this PC" function in Windows 10 to do a complete wipe of the PC and Windows 10 was automatically reinstalled. The installer for the OS was already on the laptop's hard drive, as it came from the factory. Any other feedback would be appreciated if possible, thanks again.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks Lutfij for your feedback, I really appreciate it. You're correct that the OS I'm using is Windows 10.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but I used the "Reset this PC" function in Windows 10 to do a complete wipe of the PC and Windows 10 was automatically reinstalled. The installer for the OS was already on the laptop's hard drive, as it came from the factory. Any other feedback would be appreciated if possible, thanks again.
And that first boot after doing this 'reset', the system is doing a lot of set up.
Then, it is catching up on all the OS updates that are outstanding.

Jan 31, 2022
Thanks very much USAFRet. So Windows 10 is downloading and installing updates even during the time I'm going through the initial Windows 10 setup process like choosing the country region and keyboard layout?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, along with a lot of other setup.

It did this same thing when you first took it out of the box and powered it on.
Now, however, it has a lot more updates to go through.

Solution