Long-Running ROM Site Emuparadise Throws in the Towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, FY Nintendo for creating all these awesome titles...

Phhhh, just <Redacted>

USAFRet

Titan

Recommending piracy, as you know, is highly disallowed here.

brandonclone1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
I wouldn't worry. There are so many of us who visited these sites for YEARS and started our own collections and can be used for sharing. These ROMs and our favorite games will always be available in some way, some form. RIP Emuparadise.

Piracy is wrong, but so is the copyright system the still covers games so old I wasn't even shaving when they came out.

Prime example would be The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I wanted to play it about 3 weeks ago so I dug up the cartridge and the console from a box in the closet.

Inserted the cartridge and nothing would come up.

I can't blame Nintendo for not warrantying their games for 25 years.

But at 25 years the game should be in public domain by now.

If I wanted to show my son the game I either have to say go watch clips on youtube or buy another copy of the game on ebay and hope my 25 year old console holds up for another few years or pay Nintendo even more money for the SNES Classic.

Blitz Hacker

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Nintendo will get what it gets, it's best days are behind them.

Making that unavailable is just shooting themselves in the foot for a quick cash grab now.

Waiting for them to hit youtube sueing people for using mario in videos without written permission next.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Who knows, maybe EmuParadise would've avoided the heat if they hadn't hosted recent generation ROMs like GameCube & Wii ... etc.?

I've only seen the home screen on the old Wii, and Nintendo shouldn't presume much demand for (and thereby, assume commercial losses from pirating) their old games, considering their inconvenient user interface (compared to the feature-rich open-source emulators available), flimsy lightweight glossy-finish controllers (compared to emulating on your choice of USB controller or keyboard, or the old wired GameCube controllers), and unreasonable pricing/licensing.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Ninetendo logic

Let game die out

Dont allow anybody to store it for historic purposes

Retarded copyright laws, extended to the end of world and one day later, held just for shit n giggles and to blackmail people who actually bother to do something with forgotten titles

Prime examples of that, current situation or when a money hungry company shuts down community mods

Status
Not open for further replies.