[SOLVED] Long windows boot time

ZachSense

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Hi, my computer has been taking an insanely long time to boot into windows for the past few weeks. It takes approximately 3 minutes to load into the password screen when before it would usually take like 15 seconds max. When I open up task manager it says the last bios time was 9.7 seconds. I'm not sure if this was a windows update that caused this or what but any help would be great as I'm tired of waiting. I've tried disabling fast startup in windows, makes no difference. My specs are listed below.

CPU: I7 4790
GPU: RX 480
SSD (boot): Samsung EVO 850 250bg
storage: WD HDD, Intel 240gb SSD

Solution

what else is in PC?
What motherboard? What PSU?
Try starting up with no GPU in PC, 1 stick of ram, only ssd and nothing else that is unessential. If its still slow it has to be caused by 1 of the bits of hardware still attached.
Hi, my computer has been taking an insanely long time to boot into windows for the past few weeks. It takes approximately 3 minutes to load into the password screen when before it would usually take like 15 seconds max. When I open up task manager it says the last bios time was 9.7 seconds. I'm not sure if this was a windows update that caused this or what but any help would be great as I'm tired of waiting. I've tried disabling fast startup in windows, makes no difference. My specs are listed below.

Run this...................Speccy - Free Download
Read this and post a link to the speccy run....................Speccy...publish

Badger51

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
I've had similar problems .....

I upgraded to the newest Win 10 20H2 a few days ago. I also got WIndows Defender updates.

My boot times now often are 5-10 minutes, with a few failures mixed in.

I also added a new Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle, but even after removing that and restoring my prior bluetooth dongles, the problem continues.

Appreciate any clues or insights....

USAFRet

Titan

I have quite similar hardware to yours, and zero boot time issue.

Disconnect all drives except the 850 EVO.
What happens to the boot time?