Looking for a budget gaming monitor

Nov 1, 2018
I have budget of 150euro and am looking for a 16:9 gaming monitor, preferably 24" or larger.
I would like the highest refresh rate I can get which in this price range seems to be 75hz.
I would also prefer if it had under 4ms response time.
I live in ireland so please ensure that the product ships to ireland and if its from the US allow for the customs fees.(usually about 20-30 euro)

Im currently looking at these two:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Monitor-1920x1080-Frameless-Certified/dp/B00YQKTGR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541023836&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+-+vc239h

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-G2460VQ6-Monitor-DisplayPort-response/dp/B015510R4M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541088081&sr=8-2&keywords=monitor+75hz

I have a nvidia gpu so freesync isnt important to me and neither is gsync at this price range.
which of those two monitors would be better and are there any better options out there?

Thanks in advance

Solution

Looks good to me. You'll get the benefits of FreeSync and IPS with that monitor. The FreeSync range is also higher than it is on the AOC.

The stand isn't height-adjustable but neither were the other two, and monitors in this price range don't tend to be either.
hey denis!

there are 2 ways to go.
1) good picture quality
2) good refreshrate.

honestly 75 hz doesnt that much, no matter what game.
and if it matters for you, you're better off with a 120hz or 144hz monitor, and this is only good for games like csgo or rainbow six siege, where 1 frame you can see a head and he dies with 1 bullet.

with games like league of legends, who cares you see an arm earlier, it comes down to skill .

I would get that vc239h:)

Nov 1, 2018

I mostly play csgo which is why I want a higher refresh rate but 100hz+ is out of my budget unfortunately.
I like the vc239h alot so I will most likely go with that assuming noone else suggests a better one.
Thanks for the advice

Nov 1, 2018

What about 1ms 60hz monitors in the same price range?
What would be a good option then?

For gaming, I'd take the AOC. FreeSync may not be relevant now, but it could be in the future and upgrading a monitor is (generally) much less frequent than upgrading a GPU.

The ASUS is a bog-standard monitor really. Sure, it has an IPS panel for better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles, but they're nothing special and probably irrelevant for your use.

Looks good to me. You'll get the benefits of FreeSync and IPS with that monitor. The FreeSync range is also higher than it is on the AOC.

The stand isn't height-adjustable but neither were the other two, and monitors in this price range don't tend to be either.

Solution
Nov 1, 2018

I think i will go with that as it both looks nice on the outside and on the specsheet, will be a bit over budget but what can you do, thanks