Question Looking for a Budget gaming monitor

Dave DAvis

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Hi,
Need a monitor from brands like Samsung LG Dell. with the budget of $200 or less
That includes better contrast and no ghosting (22-24 inch). Doesnt matter if its VA IPS or TN.

i've already tested out AOC Acer and Benq. Didnt like them because how the image quality is dark at in-game night times which wont let you make out if the colors are green, blue or red.

I usually use 20 brightness + 54 contrast anymore would make my eyes uncomfortable to read

Jan 27, 2021

I see HP 24" IPS 75Hz is just $110 on Amazon, and nits are say 300 or 350. Good work monitor. Dell has similar deals for just a little more $$. Keep your extra $80 in your pocket for your next upgrade?

I'd say all LED are terrible for gaming and CRT are better, except for OLED. I wouldn't wait for OLED to come into the $200 range soon, they are $1,500.

I bought a $500 gaming monitor once and returned it the same day. Absolute trash, the 100 Hz action was smooth but blurry in a digital way compared to CRT. For reading - the VA panel was poor: turn up brightness all the beautiful image details "wash outed".

$200? I would be shopping at the review site above, checking specs, for the best cheap IPS 75Hz. That's my thing.

AlexTheFern

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
your gonna want to have your brightness at at LEAST 50 or so otherwise pretty much any monitor will be hard to tell apart different colors

this is the one i have, and I would recommend keeping the brightness around 50-60

I think its pretty nice, an ips panel, 144hz, and decent color quality.

ASK THE COMMUNITY