[SOLVED] Looking for a budget quality audio interface for 2 speakers, headphones and mic

Kriilus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2016
I've looked at Presonus Studio 24c and Focusrite Scarlett Solo they both have multiple different inputs and outputs and idk what i'm looking for.

Speakers: KRK RP5 RoKit Classic x2 (XLR)

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (3.5mm)

Mic: Blue yeti (USB) do I buy a cable that is mini usb to 3.5mm?

Solution
tyvm for the reply, wouldn't xlr have better sound quality then 3.5mm though? How much would a dual xlr port on a interface be? and is it worth it. I was saying if I should get an adapter for the mic to use it with the interface for better quality idk if it works or would have any difference. The speaker has a balanced 6.3mm jack? The audio interface has 2 6.3mm balaced outputs too.

The main advantages to XLR is the distance and sturdiness of the cables, if you are not running 30+ foot runs across a studio floor you don't need to use XLR.

The microphone is the main source of the quality of sound from it, not the interface it goes to. Using an adapter for USB to 3.5mm will make it worse if anything.

You can use the Scarlett...
The Scarlett Solo would be fine, just use the normal RCA outputs on the thing for the speakers since it does not have L/R balanced outputs. It will drive the headphones you have.
Not sure what you are asking about the USB cable, just connect that USB mic to the computer directly. The USB on the device is to connect it to the computer.

Kriilus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2016
tyvm for the reply, wouldn't xlr have better sound quality then 3.5mm though? How much would a dual xlr port on a interface be? and is it worth it. I was saying if I should get an adapter for the mic to use it with the interface for better quality idk if it works or would have any difference. The speaker has a balanced 6.3mm jack? The audio interface has 2 6.3mm balaced outputs too.

The main advantages to XLR is the distance and sturdiness of the cables, if you are not running 30+ foot runs across a studio floor you don't need to use XLR.

The microphone is the main source of the quality of sound from it, not the interface it goes to. Using an adapter for USB to 3.5mm will make it worse if anything.

You can use the Scarlett 212 if you want, it has the speaker and headphone outputs you need

• 2 Line outputs: 6.3 mm jack balanced
  • Stereo headphone output: 6.3 mm jack

Solution

Kriilus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2016
Ahh I see, thanks so much man! I appreciated your time explaining stuff to me. I think I'll go for the 2i2 just for if I wanna do anything in the future, it's there. Again, thank you! have a nice day/night friend :)