Question I'm looking for a case that could house 2 to 3 graphic cards ?

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I have been looking for a case where I could house 2 x 3080 cards and 1 x 3090 card, but I do not know which case works best. I am gonna do air cool instead of water cool and besides I would be doing rendering and simulation rendering so two or three graphic cards would be fully used to the max and it is gonna be hot. So that is why I am looking for a case that gives me the best airflow. Osidian 1000D is good, but I think it is too heavy. Hope those experienced builders should shed some lights.

Which model of card you have is going to greatly impact the case compatibility (two cards will fit in pretty much any mid tower or bigger case). I believe in the 30 series generation you would only be able to fit three FE cards (and even then only if 2/3 are 3080s) and nothing else conventionally mounted in a normal case. The only case I can think of which should fit 3 easily would be an O11 Dynamic Evo XL (might be possible with the standard Evo as well) with the upright GPU bracket.

Yeah those cards are way too thick to get 3 in mounted conventionally period. If you're going with 2 cards then pretty much any case is going to work though you'd probably be better off with one that has bottom intake or just doesn't have the PSU mounted in the bottom.

The current trend of dual chamber cases would probably work the NZXT H6 FLOW is the most affordable one which jumps to mind. Lian-li's O11 Dynamic series is very good. Fractal Design Torrent would probably work out fairly well.

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
What about Lian Li V3000 PLUS? Is it good when we think about future upgrade as well as airflow? Like I said I am more concerned about airflow if two cards have reached their peaks. In other word, Max usage and the heat is gonna be crazy. So I think this is what I would like to hear from your experienced builders.

What about Lian Li V3000 PLUS? Is it good when we think about future upgrade as well as airflow? Like I said I am more concerned about airflow if two cards have reached their peaks. In other word, Max usage and the heat is gonna be crazy. So I think this is what I would like to hear from your experienced builders.
You talked about the 1000D being too heavy and this case is around 70 lbs so I never even considered anything of the sort. Having a huge case doesn't necessarily mean anything with regards to airflow and can even make it more difficult. The key to keeping temperatures down is getting the air out of the case optimally not volume of the case or how many fans there are. Unless you need tons of storage the V3000 PLUS isn't going to net you anything over any of the ones I already suggested.

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
You talked about the 1000D being too heavy and this case is around 70 lbs so I never even considered anything of the sort. Having a huge case doesn't necessarily mean anything with regards to airflow and can even make it more difficult. The key to keeping temperatures down is getting the air out of the case optimally not volume of the case or how many fans there are. Unless you need tons of storage the V3000 PLUS isn't going to net you anything over any of the ones I already suggested.
Your suggestion is pretty good friend. But I am just afraid that it won't fit two cards. My option is to go with Li Lian you recommended. So that is why I said V3000. But like you said it is heavy as hell for V3000. Cuz I could see that the dynamic one, for 4090 or 4080, it only fits one card.

Cuz I could see that the dynamic one, for 4090 or 4080, it only fits one card.
There are 8 PCIe slot mounts on the O11 Dynamic, each is 20mm, your cards are 57mm which means so long as you install in the top slot there's plenty of room for two cards (you may not even need to use the top slot). The only potential problem there would be maybe not being able to install fans in the bottom.

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
So please friend would you be able to recommend one that fits two cards and have good airflow and that I could install fans to outtake the hot air? Greatly appreciate it. Cuz I really like the li lian you suggested.

So please friend would you be able to recommend one that fits two cards and have good airflow and that I could install fans to outtake the hot air? Greatly appreciate it. Cuz I really like the li lian you suggested.
You could get the O11 Dynamic Evo XL where there's tons of room. Did a bit of research on the Fractal Design Torrent and it sounds like it might be a bit of a tight fit, but the Meshify 2 XL has plenty of space. The Cooler Master HAF 700 is one I've had my eye on as a potential future build and it ought to have room.

For the standard O11 Dynamic Evo if it wouldn't fit then you could turn to the upright mount for the second card.

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
You could get the O11 Dynamic Evo XL where there's tons of room. Did a bit of research on the Fractal Design Torrent and it sounds like it might be a bit of a tight fit, but the Meshify 2 XL has plenty of space. The Cooler Master HAF 700 is one I've had my eye on as a potential future build and it ought to have room.

For the standard O11 Dynamic Evo if it wouldn't fit then you could turn to the upright mount for the second card.
Sorry to keep bugging you brother. How come amazon states the cool master one you mentioned is mid-tower? Is it mid-tower or full tower brother? But the cool master website says it is full tower.

Sorry to keep bugging you brother. How come amazon states the cool master one you mentioned is mid-tower? Is it mid-tower or full tower brother? But the cool master website says it is full tower.
I don't think anyone would reasonably call it a mid tower case given its size, but it doesn't have the storage capacity many full tower cases have historically had.