Looking for a Circular Computer Case?

commandercodey

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I'm looking for a cylinder shaped computer case for my new build, but i have two questions. 1. Is it a good idea to get a cylinder shaped case? If so, could i get some links? 2. If it's not a good idea, why? My motherboard is an ATX board, if it helps.

Solution
The new Mac Pro is cylinder shaped but that's quite a lot of money, and it's not really upgradeable. Your motherboard's ATX form-factor is quite large and I can't fathom how you'd fit that in a cylindrical case of reasonable size.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I wouldn't spend time looking for such a case, for the simple reason that essentially every computer component is some sort of square or rectangular cube, a cylindrical case just doesn't make sense.

bliq00

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I don't know any cylinders. Is the FT-02 Fortress cylindrical?

The only downside is that the I/O plate is flat, so some part of the cylinder is going to need to be flat and/or recessed. Places to mount the flat and rectangular components inside will be more difficult in a cylindrical case so probably there will be some measure of wasted space for the sake of the shape.

gecko97

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
The new Mac Pro is cylinder shaped but that's quite a lot of money, and it's not really upgradeable. Your motherboard's ATX form-factor is quite large and I can't fathom how you'd fit that in a cylindrical case of reasonable size.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I wouldn't spend time looking for such a case, for the simple reason that essentially every computer component is some sort of square or rectangular cube, a cylindrical case just doesn't make sense.

Solution