[SOLVED] Looking for a compatible Gpu for optiplex 790 DT for 2k19 Gaming

Sep 9, 2019
Greetings,
i do own an Optiplex 790 DT [ https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61DKUYUlKCL._SY741_.jpg ]

___
Specifications:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ( Legacy )
Cpu : i7 2600 ( not K)

Memory : 12gb

System Model: OptiPlex 790 DT
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A22,

P.s : The mobo doesn't have 35w power limit written around 16x pcie

___

though it works on a 250w psu but i do have a corsair vs550 + a vacant pc case too

i am basically looking for an upgrade to my PC with a graphic card for mediocre gaming (Not low profile GPUs as i can swap everything out to my vacant cabinet )

1050ti / 1650 / rx 470 / rx 560/ gtx 1060 are ones m looking forward to

KINDLY help ME know which one would actually work

Last edited:
Solution
I would first make sure you can actually power the system up with a new power supply in the vacant case before spending any cash on a graphics card. Assuming that it does work, then I'd probably recommend something like a GTX 750Ti.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would first make sure you can actually power the system up with a new power supply in the vacant case before spending any cash on a graphics card. Assuming that it does work, then I'd probably recommend something like a GTX 750Ti.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: zacara
Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Are you sure you can swap the Optiplex SFF motherboard to the other case? Is the other case a Dell? As I recall, the Dell motherboard had proprietary front panel connections. The headers on the board might not match physically or electrically with a retail case's front panel cables and connectors.

I had a Optiplex 790 SFF myself once. I stuck a Zotac GTX 1050 Ti L-P in it and ran it for years before finally selling it. Another idea if the case swap doen't work.

Sep 9, 2019
umm yeah .... m kinda sure of swapping my sff in a mid tower case .. yeah the fron io is proprietary but F*ck it i can use those usb for powering my case fans and but i can power on/off ( no reset) with the new case front panel
as i said m not looking for a low profile gpu .. need a full fledged GPU for this upgrade :/