Question Looking for a CPU for my NH-L9x65

ErexEm

Commendable
Nov 18, 2020
I have my current system with my R5 3600x and the NH-L9x65 cooler; under max load it does not go over 84C, which is good enough.
I also have a nh-u12s cooler, but I don't want to put it on my system, since it is a ITX system, but I am able to compromise looks if it is very much future proof and performance wise.
(The ITX system is an open-air one, so I don't mind height, but I do mind weight, since I travel a lot.)

I am now either looking for a CPU that will have better performance than R5 3600x, but not higher TDP, either looking for a CPU that is much better value/option for my 4070ti to pair up with.

- The first option looks like to be the R5 5600x, it has a much lower TDP of 65w compared to 95w of the R5 3600x
- The second option is hard to decide on; It is a R7 5700x with a TDP of 105w, but is much better than the R5 3600x, yet for some reason, on the NH-L9x65 specification website, the R7 5800x is compatible with this cooler, but not the R5 3600x; So i either put on the big and heavy nh-u12s, or I keep the NH-L9x65 as recommended
- The third option is to buy a way better CPU and plug it in with the nh-u12s and forget about the mobility of the system.

The remaining parts I will be putting in an another build that I will be selling, so no waste here.

So which option would be best?

Last edited:

ErexEm

Commendable
Nov 18, 2020
it is a ITX system
+
(The ITX system is an open-air one, so I don't mind height, but I do mind weight, since I travel a lot.)
What case are you working with?

As for the cooler, you should be fine to go with the Ryzen 5 5600x.
It is a test bench.
I mean, I would go with that, but is it the best value/future proof thing? It is not that big of a change