Question looking for a full tower case with built in hot swap

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
I currently have a "DIY-PC skyline-06-BL" that has a top mount hot swappable sata-3 connector. I have no complaints with my current case, however i have been thinking about possibly trying to find something else for my next build for a fresh look. I have searched over and over, no find nothing else with a built in hot swap dock; and i was curious if anyone had any other suggestions?

I have contemplated the corsair 800d, but i need the no down time accessability of it being readily accessible. drop in and go (no fighting with trays, screws, or pins).

I may just settle for a twin of my current case if i am unable to find much else in a full tower platform. any suggestions?

my current case ~> https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E1681135...ower_built_in_hot_swap-_-11-353-104-_-Product

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019

I am not looking for hot swap bays. i am look for a drop in and go dock built into a computer case, where i would not be wasting time with pins, screws or trays.

ive concidered an external hdd/ssd drop in dock, but i just do not want the clutter on my desk. I work from home doing data recovery occasionally. its just easier for me to have the dock built into the case.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=157

This converts any pc with 2x 5.25 bays into 3x hot-swap bays. It'll allow you to choose any case without pins/screws/trays.

Finding anything modern, that's readily available with a drop-in hot-swap bay is near impossible. I have one on my CM 690 II Advanced, (love this case) but those cases are hard to find now.

You'll find that most cases with drop-in bays are gone now, replaced by exhaust fans, zero optical designs etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: mc_spaceman
PCPartPicker Part List
Case: Thermaltake ARMOR REVO ATX Full Tower Case
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-07 08:31 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A71 ATX Full Tower Case
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-07 08:37 EDT-0400