Keith Adam

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
Right first off my system build is as follows -

CPU - i7 4790k
RAM- Corsair Vengeance
MB - MSI z97 Gaming 5 (LGA 1150)
Case - Corsair Spec 03

What I'm wondering Is could anyone suggest a good enough CPU cooler that wont obstruct the rather large RAM slots but will also be ensuring that my CPU remains optimum temps?
I'm willing to spend a decent amount but If I'm to be honest I'd much rather have an air cooler instead of the liquid cooling ones.

Anyone got any suggestions an easy enough to install one would be great as I don't fancy removing the motherboard out of the case again (lazy Ikr).

st3v30

Admirable
Easy and cheap solution is Raijintek Aidos or Themis. If you case have a hole in back side of motherboard then you dont have to remove mobo to install cooler.Both of these cooler are cheap and good performers.Themis is a bit better.

How many sticks of RAM do you have? Usually only the RAM slot nearest the CPU is an issue, and if you're using two sticks in dual-channel it looks like you should be using DIMM slots 2 and 4 anyway (since it labels them 'FIRST').

Even if you're on four sticks, this thread suggests you should be fine with a Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212, which is usually highly recommended.