[SOLVED] Looking for a good multi-display GPU for development work.

cgilley

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
So, I'm done with laptops unless I'm travelling. I don't travel, so before the bat crud GPU craziness I guilt a Ryzen 9 based system with a 2060 in it. This is my home-office system, and it's going to become my go to system for development. I'm migrating to VMs and high speed USB-C. I'm in the process of duplicating this system for my customer location, so another Ryzen 9, same memory, etc but I surely don't need a gaming GPU at work. What I need is at least support for two 2560x1440 displays and possibly a third - growth. The idea is that I have one system at home, and I can go into the customer lab with a high speed portable in my pocket.

Trying to search for graphics cards is pretty sad - almost all the links head off to gaming GPUs. What I'm looking for is a multi output GPU that is stable and can handle at least 3 displays. I'm looking real hard at an NVidia Quadro P1000 (for display port outputs or a P620. Again, not for gaming, I'm looking for rock solid stability. The card comes highly rated off amazon, but it is 4 years old or so... wondering if there is something newer - I need this system to last 4 years or so.

My preference is the same video interface.

Suggestions and experience gratefully accepted.

cg

moderator: apologies

Last edited:
Solution
A GT 710 should do the trick, it's a low profile fanless card that used to go for around 30$. It supports up to 3 monitors, though the video-out ports vary in interface.

this

cgilley

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
A GT 710 should do the trick, it's a low profile fanless card that used to go for around 30$. It supports up to 3 monitors, though the video-out ports vary in interface.

this

good suggestion, I just updated my description. I'm looking at newer monitors and trying to avoid adapters from VGA or DVI-D. Still, $30 is something I could take a look at. Thanks