Looking for a great deal on two 8 core build kits, but TigerDirect is out...what to do?

G33kyG1rl

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Here's the deal. My best friends, who game quite a bit when they're not working, have had me build every computer for them for years, are wanting to upgrade with his Christmas bonus from their 6-core systems to 8-core systems. They want to gift their 6-core systems to their children. I went where I always go, TigerDirect, to order a couple 8-core builds, where you can usually find complete kits (minus GPU, of course) under $400. I'm sure you all know this. Before I was disabled and I worked in a shop as a computer technician, we bought from them often and used their parts for builds. Problem being, I went on their website and they have not ONE SINGLE KIT! Everywhere else wants much more, and they don't want to spend much more than $400 each. I've spoiled them all these years building their systems so cheap, they think they're all so cheap.

The thing is, since I can't work anymore, I was kind of relying on the money they were gonna give me to help pay some bills this Christmas and buy a few things for my son. Can anyone direct me to a place where I could buy a couple kits cheap, and in time to get it for Christmas? Any help here is much appreciated!

G33kyG1rl

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015

Yes, finding nothing 8-core anywhere near that price range, but wasn't expecting to. They were always more expensive.