Question Looking for a little more speed with a new SSD.

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Hi.
I recently noticed that my SSD and my system in General, (An older system, with an A88XM -E45 V2 motherboard and AMD processor, an A8-7600 Radeon R7, w/10 Compute Cores 4C+6G running at 3.10 GHz, with 32 GB RAM) was way speedier before, and I am considering, that before I haul off and get an entirely new computer, that I try getting a new SSD with faster specs.
My current one is a Samsung 850 PRO, and their site, has specs on something called Sequential Read Speed . The unit's tests claim to have the following speeds;
Avg. 4K-64Thread Mixed IO Speed 294MB/s
Avg. 4K Random Mixed IO Speed 49.4MB/s
Avg. Sustained Write Speed 166MB/s
|vg. Sequential Mixed IO Speed 357MB/

I don't know much about speed specs on various SSD's.
So, I'd like to get a new one., (Doesn't have to have much space on it, since I save everything to external drives, and something around 250GB or thereabouts would be fine.|
If is doesn't work, at least I have purchased a new drive for my next computer.

Any recommendations on a speedier SSD?
Thanks!
Just to be clear, I am using my current 850 pro SSD as the system drive, or boot drive, or c drive.

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Wow. I used userbenchmark , and basically got a "you suck" diagnosis, with ALL of my components getting a "Very poor" ( My 850PRO Samsung SSD), "Below Average", and "Poor" (All my external Drives), or "Terrible" ( My Graphics card AMD processor, AND my installed RAM)
I think I am just going to get another computer built unless someone has a brilliant reason to make this one faster as is.
Thanks for the help, all.
Much appreciated.
Thanks!

Wow. I used userbenchmark , and basically got a "you suck" diagnosis, with ALL of my components getting a "Very poor" ( My 850PRO Samsung SSD), "Below Average", and "Poor" (All my external Drives), or "Terrible" ( My Graphics card AMD processor, AND my installed RAM)
I think I am just going to get another computer built unless someone has a brilliant reason to make this one faster as is.
Much appreciated.
Thanks!
Run a pass of userbenchmark and post a LINK to the results page.

USAFRet

Titan
Much appreciated.
Thanks!
UBM can be VERY misleading.