[SOLVED] looking for a new motherboard

luka1000

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017
hi i am looking for a cool rgb motherboard that can also take like 3000mhz ram. Right now i have everything corsair

I sense that you have some money and the itch to spend it.
I suggest you spend it elsewhere.
Intel ram controllers are excellent and you do not get much real increase in performance with faster ram.
Here is one such scaling study:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1478-page1.html
For RGB bling, (which adds nothing to performance), you can trick up your case for lots less than $200.
What is your case? possibly a new case will do.
If you do not already have a ssd, that would be one of my top recommendations.

No sense in buying a motherboard capable of running 3000 speed ram unless you also buy 3000 speed ram.
If you are going to buy a new motherboard and ram, you might as well upgrade your cpu.

luka1000

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017
Profanity removed. Do not post profanity on this forum, read the rules.
Last edited by a moderator:

luka1000

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017
You already have a good motherboard for your needs, why would you spend $200 just for rgb? Why not just buy some rgb lighting kits?

PS signatures don’t show on many mobile devices.
cus i like it wast money lol and i want to upgrade to 32gb ram but most rgb are 3000mhz plus. so i was just looking for some ideas

I sense that you have some money and the itch to spend it.
I suggest you spend it elsewhere.
Intel ram controllers are excellent and you do not get much real increase in performance with faster ram.
Here is one such scaling study:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1478-page1.html
For RGB bling, (which adds nothing to performance), you can trick up your case for lots less than $200.
What is your case? possibly a new case will do.
If you do not already have a ssd, that would be one of my top recommendations.

No sense in buying a motherboard capable of running 3000 speed ram unless you also buy 3000 speed ram.
If you are going to buy a new motherboard and ram, you might as well upgrade your cpu.

You could get any 200 series motherboard that has the ‘look’ you want. You are not going to see any gain/loss in performance. However if you have money spend and are going to buy a new motherboard then why not move to a more recent cpu.

ASK THE COMMUNITY