Looking for a payment plan for a CPU.

RoseTheUndying

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
So I really want to upgrade my system, but I don't get alot of money from work at the very moment. I was hoping that there was somewhere that allows a payment plan overtime for CPU's. I was hoping to get my hands on an i7-6700K CPU for my build. Is there anywhere I can somehow make this happen?

Solution
I'd recommend against it, unless you need the CPU to get work done (since a faster CPU isn't really a need, and if you don't have money lying around for a CPU, you probably don't have money lying around for any emergencies that might come along, and those are more important).

A few options, though: Any place that accepts PayPal means you can use PayPal credit, which will give you 6 months interest-free to pay.

Amazon will let you do the same if you have the Amazon Store Card (which is NOT the same as the Amazon Prime-branded credit card).

In NO case would I recommend any form of financing that charges interest on something like a CPU purchase.

Also, if you don't currently have PayPal Credit or an Amazon Store Card, you'll need...

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I'd recommend against it, unless you need the CPU to get work done (since a faster CPU isn't really a need, and if you don't have money lying around for a CPU, you probably don't have money lying around for any emergencies that might come along, and those are more important).

A few options, though: Any place that accepts PayPal means you can use PayPal credit, which will give you 6 months interest-free to pay.

Amazon will let you do the same if you have the Amazon Store Card (which is NOT the same as the Amazon Prime-branded credit card).

In NO case would I recommend any form of financing that charges interest on something like a CPU purchase.

Also, if you don't currently have PayPal Credit or an Amazon Store Card, you'll need to run a credit check to get one - which can negatively impact your credit score (generally, don't do this more than 3 times in 2 years, so save it for times when it's important: like if you are shopping for a new car or getting a mortgage).

Solution

RoseTheUndying

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
I appreciate the feedback from both of you. I figured it wouldn't be the way to go but it didn't hurt to try! I'll just save up for it instead then.