[SOLVED] Looking for a RAM model which is too old

Solution
Mixed RAM can be problematic. You should not have to do that.

In the "here" link that you provided (ms 7616) the left, pale yellow column lists "Memory".

To the right are the supported RAM specs:

240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots dual channel 1333/1066 MHz non-ECC unbuffered

You can have up to 4 RAM modules at 4 GB each for a total of 16 GB RAM.

Get a 2 x 4GB RAM kit (matched) per the DDR3 240 pin specs listed.

Start with website visits to the RAM manufacturers. Based on the PC/Motherboard look for compatible RAM modules.

Carefully compare specs - if all are in agreement then it is very likely the listed RAM is compatible and will work.

Nextg go online and use the required specs to find a vendor/seller.

Read the terms...

Ralston18

Titan
No recommendation with respect to a website.

However what computer/motherboard are you using? Make, model, specs, etc.?

You may be able to find other suitable RAM modules that are compatible. Maybe even 4 GB or better.

If you go to the various RAM manufacturer's websites the sites have search engines where you enter the make and model of your computer and get a listing of compatible RAM modules.

Not always completely accurate but if the sites are in agreement then the RAM is more likely to work.

And buying from the manufactures is less risky than some third party source. (However do read the manufacturer's RMA requirements before purchase)

principiantehardware

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
However what computer/motherboard are you using? Make, model, specs, etc.?
PC model:
Medion​
PC MT14​
MED MT622​

Motherboard:
MSI-MS7616​

Used RAM modules:
2x2GB (one of them is damaged)​

MSI doesn't give any detail about it because it's a Medion's customised motherboard. I found information about it here.

You may be able to find other suitable RAM modules that are compatible.
This one for example has very similar features to mine, so, could I mix that RAM module with mine? I don't know whether mixed RAM brands could be a problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Mixed RAM can be problematic. You should not have to do that.

In the "here" link that you provided (ms 7616) the left, pale yellow column lists "Memory".

To the right are the supported RAM specs:

240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots dual channel 1333/1066 MHz non-ECC unbuffered

You can have up to 4 RAM modules at 4 GB each for a total of 16 GB RAM.

Get a 2 x 4GB RAM kit (matched) per the DDR3 240 pin specs listed.

Start with website visits to the RAM manufacturers. Based on the PC/Motherboard look for compatible RAM modules.

Carefully compare specs - if all are in agreement then it is very likely the listed RAM is compatible and will work.

Nextg go online and use the required specs to find a vendor/seller.

Read the terms regarding returns (RMA) if the RAM proves to be incompatible or otherwise does not work.

Solution

principiantehardware

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your answers @Ralston18.

I found this (2 x 4GB) which is pretty similar to mine. I did that, I carefully compared their specs and they are in agreement.

Read the terms regarding returns (RMA) if the RAM proves to be incompatible or otherwise does not work.
I think that Amazon doesn't allow me that, so, if I opened the box and the RAM was incompatible, I think that I couldn't return it — because I opened the box.

I think that I'm going to buy it because as I said, their specs are pretty similar.

Ralston18

Titan
There is is always that element of uncertainty....

Post the model number, manufacturer stock number etc. for the RAM you are considering via Amazon.

Then google the same numbers. Hopefully there will some other website hits that will help confirm the RAM selection.

Or someone else following this thread may be able to provide direct confirmation or warn of some potential problem.