[SOLVED] Looking for a relatively good Wi-Fi usb/card for gaming on pc

Jan 8, 2019
I’m unsure on which Wi-Fi usb/card to get for my pc because currently the one I have is quite slow, so I’m just wondering what card or usb for wireless networking I should get

Solution
Slow does not matter to games they use well under 1mbps. What is important is signal quality. The quality is mostly related to how much interference you have from outside sources and to some extent the signal strength.

The best and most expensive option tends to be PCI cards that have antenna cables allowing you to place the antenna on top of the computer. PCI cards in general transmit at the full legal power but because the antenna are located close to the case a lot of signal is absorbed or blocked. USB you can extend away from the case but it is much harder to find USB devices that have strong power output. Generally the ones with external antenna are better but it is hard to say small stick type devices can also have good...
Slow does not matter to games they use well under 1mbps. What is important is signal quality. The quality is mostly related to how much interference you have from outside sources and to some extent the signal strength.

The best and most expensive option tends to be PCI cards that have antenna cables allowing you to place the antenna on top of the computer. PCI cards in general transmit at the full legal power but because the antenna are located close to the case a lot of signal is absorbed or blocked. USB you can extend away from the case but it is much harder to find USB devices that have strong power output. Generally the ones with external antenna are better but it is hard to say small stick type devices can also have good power ratings. The main issue with USB is they are primarily designed for portable equipment. Small size and low power draw to save batteries is a trade off many times made to make the device portable.

The best option if you can is not to use wifi for games. Consider powerline units maybe. If there is anyway possible a ethernet cable will be your best choice for games.

Solution