[SOLVED] Looking for a Solid 750W to 850W PSU for New System

Jan 18, 2022
Hi all,

I have already ordered the listed components for my bew build except the GPU (waiting for some market developments later in 2022, hopefully) and with the exception of the PSU. Unlike with GPUs, CPUs and the other parts, I unfortunately have far too little knowledge here and have a very hard time making the best choice for my future PSU. I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions for a 750W to 850W PSU for up to 150 EUR, preferably with 10 years warranty!

AMD recommends at least a 650W PSU for the AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics and at least 750W PSU for its AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics, but those are of course only the reference models.

Build Components

Initial Candidates

Thank you so much for your help! Let me know if you need further information.

Solution
Hi all,

I have already ordered the listed components for my bew build except the GPU (waiting for some market developments later in 2022, hopefully) and with the exception of the PSU. Unlike with GPUs, CPUs and the other parts, I unfortunately have far too little knowledge here and have a very hard time making the best choice for my future PSU. I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions for a 750W to 850W PSU for up to 150 EUR, preferably with 10 years warranty!

AMD recommends at least a 650W PSU for the AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics and at least 750W PSU for its AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics, but those are of course only the reference models.

Build Components

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi all,

Build Components

Initial Candidates

Thank you so much for your help! Let me know if you need further information.
Hard to beat these included a white one for the cables in case your looking for that color.

EDIT I would probably get the 2018 model for the extra PCI-E cable.

The 980 pro is not really worth the extra money.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...b-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v7s1t0bam

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmopolarbear
Solution
Jan 18, 2022
Hard to beat these included a white one for the cables in case your looking for that color.

EDIT I would probably get the 2018 model for the extra PCI-E cable.

Thanks for the recommendation! The case is black, so no need for a white edition but thanks. I also did some research and while the RM850x is praised by users for the PSU itself, the cabels are getting some nasty feedback... too inflexible cables and thus too much pressure affecting the plug connections. Of course I could consider buying a seperate set of higher quality cables, but for that price a holistic solution would be kind of nice. Are there any alternatives you would consider? :)

But the RM850x is not off the table for me yet!

And it's a single-rail design like the Fractal ION+ 2 Platinum 860W, right?

True, but I got a relatively good price and already ordered it. Thanks nevertheless!

Last edited:

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
the best choice is the corsair one if its the new model reliable and very solid
but there's also the Xpg core reactor 850w gold wich is also a very good one the thermaltake GF2 850w gold
the cooler master v850 v2
so you don't have to be scared of getting anyone all of those are good but corsair in the 850w segment is the best

Reactions: Cosmopolarbear
Jan 18, 2022
the best choice is the corsair one if its the new model reliable and very solid. but there's also the Xpg core reactor 850w gold wich is also a very good one the thermaltake GF2 850w gold, the cooler master v850 v2. so you don't have to be scared of getting anyone all of those are good but corsair in the 850w segment is the best

Thanks for your support! Well, I'll go with the Corsair RM850x and see how well I can handle the cables.

You are recommeding the new model of the RM850x, so the 2021 edition, instead of the 2018 model?

Thanks all!

Reactions: awayagain

TRENDING THREADS