Looking for a Specific Keyboard. Does one exist?

blurpro395

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
About a year back, I purchased the Logitech G710+ that I still have now. I like the keyboard, but I miss the Razer Green switches from my old Razer keyboard. I have typed on some of my friend's MX Blue switches and they happen to be the best key switch that I have tried. Over the year that I have had my G710+, I noticed that my mouse is constantly bumping into the keyboard, and I need a TKL board to get rid of that. I began to look up TKL boards with MX Blue switches, but All that I found were either from a not-so-well-known brand, or they had no backlighting. To be honest, I'm not the RGB backlight type, but I'll take it. All I need is a white backlight. The only TKL boards I have found from big brands like Corsair, Cooler Master, etc. have blue switches, but it's in the full keyboard layout. So here's the conclusion: do any of you know of any TKL keyboard that is around 50-100 dollars that has MX Blue switches, and white backlighting? I hate to ask such a lazy question, but I am worried that If I happen to buy one from a company that is now known much, I won't receive a good experience, and/or experience flaws. Thanks in advance.

Solution

Even in games you need to be accurate with what you type.

When doing word processing you can always backspace if you make a mistake

If you push the button for fireball instead of heal, your teammate is going to have a bad day.

Virtual lives are at stake !!! :p

Are you familiar with all of the different cherry switch types or did you fall in love with cherry blue without looking at all the others?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/mechanical-keyboard-guide#comparison

Has a great guide describing all of the different cherry switches.

Branching out to other colors could give you a keyboard that you like better and is made by a well known manufacturer.

I prefer the keys without the click, namely the cherry red, brown or clear ... or rather any color but blue or green lol.

leigh76

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Lol sorry.........

I am a word processing monster :)

The blues are the best I have ever used for 'typing'

They just clicked with me ....haha click!!

Reds are more suited to gaming, but for typing........IMO blues cant be beaten.

If the click is what you are after the only alternative is the green switch which is the same as the blue but has a higher actuation force "more pressure to push the button", which is probably not desirable for typing so blue it is !

https://www.amazon.com/s/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_3?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A172456%2Cn%3A11548956011%2Cn%3A12879431%2Ck%3Acherry+blue+keyboard%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A3355984011&keywords=cherry+blue+keyboard&ie=UTF8&qid=1509305369&rnid=3355979011

Is probably the most complete list you are going to find for what you need.

I couldn't sort out full sized keyboards but its easy enough to look at the picture with only 26 keyboards.

Don't forget there is a difference between an audible click and the tactile feedback you feel when you press the button.

You can have the tactile feedback of the button press but no click, the brown or clear switches.

Even in games you need to be accurate with what you type.

When doing word processing you can always backspace if you make a mistake

If you push the button for fireball instead of heal, your teammate is going to have a bad day.

Virtual lives are at stake !!! :p

Solution