Looking for a way to turn off monitor from a desktop icon??

ces

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

All,

I was wondering if their was a way of assigning a task like turn off
monitors from a shortcut icon??

Also if there is a better place to post this question please let me know???

Thanks in advance.

CES

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Use this in your shortcut

shutdown -s -t 01

--
William

CES wrote:

> All,
>
> I was wondering if their was a way of assigning a task like turn off
> monitors from a shortcut icon??
Hi

Wizmo.exe (freeware)
http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

Try this:
wizmo.exe monoff

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Modify as needed.

Enable Monitor Power-off on Logon Screen (Line 160)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:
| Use this in your shortcut
|
| shutdown -s -t 01

William,

That will power down the PC.

| "CES" <None@none.com> wrote:
| > I was wondering if their was a way of assigning a task like turn off
| > monitors from a shortcut icon??

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I better get my eyes checked, thought it said to turn of computer

you coukd use this

This command will force your computer to go into Stand by mode in a shortcut

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

--
William

"a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:
> | Use this in your shortcut
> |
> | shutdown -s -t 01
>

> William,
>
> That will power down the PC.
>

> | "CES" <None@none.com> wrote:
> | > I was wondering if their was a way of assigning a task like turn off
> | > monitors from a shortcut icon??

ces

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks but those are a little more then I'm looking for... I"m just tring to
do the equivelent of "turn off Moniter" in the "Power Options Properties"
.... however you did answer my other question.
CES

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I better get my eyes checked, thought it said to turn of computer
>
> you coukd use this
>
> This command will force your computer to go into Stand by mode in a
> shortcut
>
> %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
>

> --
> William
>

> "a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> | Use this in your shortcut
>> |
>> | shutdown -s -t 01
>>

>> William,
>>
>> That will power down the PC.

william, do you bother reading questions before you answer them?