Looking for a work laptop up to 1000 euros (in EU)

ecq0

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Looking for a laptop computer that is powerful and can be used for work.
I will use a laptop for usual activities such as:
  • loads of google chrome tabs
  • music in the background from Spotify
  • a lot of folders, files open
  • different applications for communication
  • skype, etc. also time to time some movie.

• Total budget (in local currency) and country of purchase.
Up to 1000 eur
  • How would you prioritize form factor (ultrabook, 2-in-1, etc.), build quality, performance, and battery life?
The battery is important and performance. And yes the battery is crucial since I have to do presentations and move a lot around, so plugin into cable all the time isn't super comfortable. The overall design should look great too, so it looks professional when I approach clients.
  • How important is weight and thinness to you?
The less weight and thinness the better.
  • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.
This is good qs, what is suggested for easier portability? 13 or 15 ? My current laptop is 17' and external screen 32'
  • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.
No gaming, maybe if necessary watch some video content on via VLC on the laptop. Maybe on rare occasions, I could use some video editor tools.
  • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?
The keyboard should be in very good quality, so it's easy to type and the keyboard symbols won't disappear after a year. also, a keyboard that contains light, so I can type in the darkness. Touchpad should be very good quality the same as MAC.
  • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.
Something that would handle a lot of things at the same time from the above-mentioned examples since I do a lot of multitasking.
Should I look for MAC or Windows laptop?

Thank you for the amazing support!

Jun 18, 2020
Hi there,

To answer your question if you should go with a Windows or Mac, there are definitely some compelling models in Windows that will fit your needs perfectly, and Mac, as we all know, works great in many aspects.

Coming to laptop suggestions, my only recommendation for you would be Dell XPS 15 (2020). Before anything, let me tell you that this is a little over your budget, and I think you wouldn't regret investing a bit more on this laptop. The model is thin and light, has powerful enough processor that enables multitasking, and its GPU will allow you to play games in medium settings. Its keyboard is comfortable and trackpad really good too. Since you have mentioned that you will watch videos on the laptop, you would be pleased with the speaker quality in this one. It is able to run for around 8 hours straight, which I think should be ample for your needs.

Hope you find this useful!

ecq0

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Hi there,

To answer your question if you should go with a Windows or Mac, there are definitely some compelling models in Windows that will fit your needs perfectly, and Mac, as we all know, works great in many aspects.

Coming to laptop suggestions, my only recommendation for you would be Dell XPS 15 (2020). Before anything, let me tell you that this is a little over your budget, and I think you wouldn't regret investing a bit more on this laptop. The model is thin and light, has powerful enough processor that enables multitasking, and its GPU will allow you to play games in medium settings. Its keyboard is comfortable and trackpad really good too. Since you have mentioned that you will watch videos on the laptop, you would be pleased with the speaker quality in this one. It is able to run for around 8 hours straight, which I think should be ample for your needs.

Hope you find this useful!

Do you think MAC is good in terms of what windows can offer?