Question Looking for advice on replacing motherboard

dregs

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
I inherited a system from my father a few years ago and hauled it back to Korea with me.

Unfortunately, the X99-Deluxe motherboard is dead and I can't seem to find a replacement here.

The system has always treated me well, and I know the other components were quite costly when my father purchased them, so I'm looking to reuse the CPU (i7-5820K) and RAM (F4-2800C15Q2-64GRK), etc.

In addition to replacing the MB, I'm also thinking about replacing the Corsair Obsidian case since one of the panels is damaged.

---

USE:
daily browsing, light gaming, mainly as a HTPC with Plex server hosting 4x3.5" 2x2.5" drives
- don't overclock

Here is a link to the current part list I'm considering. I have everything except the motherboard and case.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dregs/saved/M3Y3bv

---

Any advice/reassurance on the Asus - Rampage V Edition 10 EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard and Lian-Li - PC-O11AIR ATX Full Tower Case would be appreciated.

I'm aware I won't have room for my 4x3.5" drives, but I'm in love with Lian-Li cases. It's time to consider >4TB drives anyways.
Restricted airflow shouldn't be an issue using this case since I've 4xNoctua Fans, the rad, and I don't overclock.

Thanks for the feedback!

dregs

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Can anyone confirm if this MB is a decent match for my parts?
  • possible issues?
  • better options?

Should I consider looking again for the previous x99-deluxe board?