Looking for advice on very specific kind of pre-built PC

paxthomas

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hi there, and thanks in advance for reading!

To make a very long and frustrating story short, I've built 5 PCs before and I'm usually pretty good at it. I'm using one now that I built 2 years ago that is still decently powerful. However, I've had a problem with for about 8 months now where it hard freezes occasionally and only when I am playing certain games and has to be powered off. I just have not been able to diagnose it, which, again, I'm usually pretty good at. I have tried many, many things, including posting here elsewhere. Over the course of a few months I've replaced pretty much everything in it except the the motherboard and cpu, but I still have the same problem.

The next part of the saga is that I broke down and ordered a new mobo and cpu, along with some ram (figured I'd upgrade to a DDR4 mobo while I was at it). I put everything together and... I couldn't get it to post. So I breadboarded it and disconnected everything except the PSU, the CPU, the heatsink, and the onboard speaker. I couldn't even get it to beep the onboard speaker I bought to troubleshoot the thing with. I got so frustrated I just didn't even want to deal with it anymore and I decided to send the mobo, ram, new case, and cpu all back for a refund.

Which brings me to my actual question! I'm hoping to get advice on a pre-built PC that has a relatively high-end CPU but that doesn't have an expensive video card or other expensive components because I already have almost brand new everything that's pretty high-end. I don't have the time or energy to attempt another build myself right now, but it would not be a big deal to me to install a video card, my SSDs, and all the other bits besides setting up the mobo and cpu. Any advice on this kind of a system would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if I can provide more info.

Well....I've built PCs before....but I didn't feel like it this last time and I did a bunch of research and bought one from Cyber Power PC in November and I'm really happy with it.

You can pretty much get what you want....so you could go "low end" on the video card....or just get a processor with integrated graphics etc.