Question Looking for AMP

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello, I have Two Vintage Telefunken RB70 Book shelf speakers that use Normal Speaker wire both are rated for 50 watts max and i wanted to hook them up to my Computer but i need a Amp that will allow me to convert the normal Wire to an input my Computer can use.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are several ways you could go about this. The easiest would be to purchase an amplifier and hook the 3.5mm speaker jack to the inputs which will probably be RCA.

What kind of budget do you have in mind?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Where are you shopping from?

Best bet on that budget is going to be something like Amazon, Ali, Parts Express, etc.
If you are patient, you might be able to find a receiver on Craigslist or FB Marketplace. This would depend on connectors available on the rig you are connecting to.

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Where are you shopping from?

Best bet on that budget is going to be something like Amazon, Ali, Parts Express, etc.
If you are patient, you might be able to find a receiver on Craigslist or FB Marketplace. This would depend on connectors available on the rig you are connecting to.
Im trying to connect traditional Wire Bookshelf speakers to a Computer.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Im trying to connect traditional Wire Bookshelf speakers to a Computer.

Yes, and you will need an amplifier in-between. You can connect a cable from your rear speaker 3.5mm jack to an RCA adapter (male) and plug that into the amp and then the speaker wires connect to it. You budget is going to be somewhat limiting as far as quality/audiophile sound, but is easily done with a search on Amazon or eBay (etc.) "50W 2 channel amplifier".

Jun 14, 2023
Hello! hope you are well, I have solid Audio 20000 wats AMP and that was super amazing I highly recommend you people to check out Solid Audio it was amazing.

ARICH5

Distinguished
sorry for the necropost. i did this with an old ghetto blaster. a double ended 3.5" jack from computer to blaster output. the speakers were the old wired kind. so the stereo acted as an amp and i was able to swap the speakers to studio bookshelf type. i was using a SBlive! soundcard at the time so it worked great.