Question Looking for an appraisal on a 2-ish-year-old gaming rig

Jul 12, 2023
Hi all, I'm planning to sell my current PC so I can afford a new SFF rig, and was wondering what price I should list it for. Everything is in excellent condition, and I've had no problems with it so far. I'd like to deal locally around the Vancouver BC area to hopefully reduce the risk of shipping damage and/or getting scammed.

What do you think would be a fair price for this rig, including the monitor? Any deals would be done in Canadian Dollars.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16
GPU: MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC
Boot: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Case: Cosair iCUE 465X RGB (White, w/ 4 Corsair LL120 RGB fans)
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W (White)
Monitor: ASUS TUF VG27AQ (27" IPS 1440p @ 165hz)
Other: TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 and Bluetooth PCI-e card

Thanks!

P.S. This is my first time selling a full PC so if anyone has any tips/best practices for making a deal they would be much appreciated.

Where might you "advertise" it?

How motivated are you? Interested parties will probably want to offer you less than you ask.

Do you absolutely refuse to sell it piece by piece rather than as a working unit?

Your end results will be strongly correlated to local conditions....that might be in Toronto or in Estevan or in Moose Jaw.

Jul 12, 2023
Where might you "advertise" it?

How motivated are you? Interested parties will probably want to offer you less than you ask.

Do you absolutely refuse to sell it piece by piece rather than as a working unit?

Your end results will be strongly correlated to local conditions....that might be in Toronto or in Estevan or in Moose Jaw.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm planning to list it on Craigslist, FB Marketplace, and possibly Kijiji (basically Ebay but for local deals).

I'd say I'm pretty motivated, but I do need to sell it within the next month or so because I'm moving across the country (hence the need to build a more portable rig).

I'd definitely prefer to sell it as a bundle, but I know that doing so can often result in a lower sale value than parting it out. My only hesitations with the latter would be selling everything in a limited time frame and having to manage a bunch of different listings.

The market here in Vancouver used to be pretty dead, but looking around the classified sites it seems to have picked up fairly recently. I'll definitely spend some time looking around to see what similar hardware is going for at the moment.

I'll definitely spend some time looking around to see what similar hardware is going for at the moment.

I'd say that's the best thing you can do....to get a feel for the recent local market.

Don't know what the volume of recent local sales of similar PCs might be.....maybe 2 in the last month or maybe 20. What it would sell for in Timbuktu means almost nothing.

And your time deadline will be constantly adding to your motivation, assuming it MUST sell by some certain date.

Tough situation......obviously an "appraised value" ultimately means little and will be trumped by other factors....local conditions and your motivation level.

What did you pay for it? Not that it matters much.