[SOLVED] Looking for an SSD

rafalex347

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2014
So, I have been looking for an m.2 SSD to boot my system. Size of 1TB. I have looked at reviews and stuff from sites such as this but, it seems to be the case that most sites basically recommend different m.2 SSDs and making me confused. I have around 100 great British pounds for this. I was looking at the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, Mushkin pilot e, or the Crucial P5 Plus which is not much over the budget I am working with. Just wanted to ask if you guys would choose something different? Or are those decent choice?

So, I have been looking for an m.2 SSD to boot my system. Size of 1TB. I have looked at reviews and stuff from sites such as this but, it seems to be the case that most sites basically recommend different m.2 SSDs and making me confused. I have around 100 great British pounds for this. I was looking at the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, Mushkin pilot e, or the Crucial P5 Plus which is not much over the budget I am working with. Just wanted to ask if you guys would choose something different? Or are those decent choice?
My picks....in no order.
Samsung/WD/Crucial.

You might be able to save a buck with pcie 3.

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro and Mushkin pilot e appears to be using the same SMI controller and the same NAND chips from Micron. Should be much cheaper than the P5 Plus but I personally wouldn't buy those 2nd tier names.
Comparable (and potentially better) Crucial counterpart would be vanilla P5 (PCIE 3.0), not the P5 Plus (PCIE 4.0).

USAFRet

Titan
pg160Ff.png