[SOLVED] Looking for antenna

I was not sure where to post this but I figured I would try networking. I hope y,all can help me. So I live in the middle of nowhere a.k.a the country anyways there's only one internet provider in my area. My monthly bill is over 250 dollars a month. Anyways there's a place called Dairy Queen 4.6 miles away and they have free wi-fi I'm looking for a outdoor high range directional antenna. I would prefer it to not cost more then $150.00 USD.

I will answer any of y,all's questions if it will help y,all out.

Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
Wifi over 4.6 miles isn't going to happen even with the mother of all antennas.

LTT got wifi over 7miles, but it required a massive satellite on both sides, strategic location of each satellite, and even then the connection would not work well.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJFwXw1ZIc

I'm sure Dairy Queen is concerned about you buying some ice cream and isn't concerned on getting the best WiFi equipment.
Wifi over 4.6 miles isn't going to happen even with the mother of all antennas.

LTT got wifi over 7miles, but it required a massive satellite on both sides, strategic location of each satellite, and even then the connection would not work well.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJFwXw1ZIc

I'm sure Dairy Queen is concerned about you buying some ice cream and isn't concerned on getting the best WiFi equipment.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I was not sure where to post this but I figured I would try networking. I hope y,all can help me. So I live in the middle of nowhere a.k.a the country anyways there's only one internet provider in my area. My monthly bill is over 250 dollars a month. Anyways there's a place called Dairy Queen 4.6 miles away and they have free wi-fi I'm looking for a outdoor high range directional antenna. I would prefer it to not cost more then $150.00 USD.

Thanks in advance!!!
Because you can't add a directional antenna to the Dairy Queen end, you are not going to get a 4 mile directional link. 400ft maybe, not 4 miles.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Thanks in advance!!!
There is also the matter of theft in stealing the service not intended for such use. That would be a big "no no".

Reactions: NightHawkRMX