Question Looking for case closed on top

Sep 15, 2023
Hello guys, Im kinda building new pc and I look for a case that have few things differently than my old case. Which I some preferations I can filter in shop so I thought I might ask here That is...

Case which have
1) Intake is from front and outtake is in the back of the case (not even mesh on top)
2) Is in range of "MIDI-TOWER"
3) tempered glass on left side
4) can fit RTX 4090 ('future proof')
5) does have atleast 1 slot for 3.5'' HDD (just in case)
6) costs under 100euro ~ (120$)

I found "Fractal Design Torrent Compact Black TG Dark" but that one cost 135euro in my area and it seems like waste of money just for a case... plus that model dont even have RGB

The above 'necessities' are mostly optional, the main needs is only #1 and #6
(tho if you know a shop where I can filter case without top fans/opener that'd be great too)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Solution
I found "Fractal Design Torrent Compact Black TG Dark" but that one cost 135euro in my area and it seems like waste of money just for a case... plus that model dont even have RGB
That is an excellent case for ventilation. The front intake is excellent and will hit your 4090 or 5080 or whichever GPU, and help cool it.
It's high quality and worth the money, but it's not ideal for every build.

There aren't many cases (or any) that don't have at least a mesh on top. You don't have to install fans there if you want the air to move front to back.
Even 10 year old designs have openings on top!

The beQuiet Silent Base 802 has a closed or mesh top. You can choose which to install.
It's expensive though.
Fractal Design Define R6 is...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since choosing a PC case is personal choice, take your pick,
pcpp: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,10000&sort=price&A=0&B=3,4&f=2&t=3&J=1,20

Pcpp list is filtered to: TG side panel, no included PSU, ATX mid tower, ATX MoBo, at least one internal 3.5" mount and price up to €100.
Note: prices are Germany market prices. So, you being somewhere else in EU, it may have different prices/availability.

Did look the list and i couldn't find a PC case without top fan grille. Some PC cases even include top mounted fans, that you can uninstall. Probably the best part is, that some PC cases include the ever so important RGB.

Lutfij

Titan
6| Where are you located in Europe? You've mentioned the currency/budget but we'll need to know your preferred site for purchase and if Amazon is out of the picture, please pass on sites you have access to and we can understand how to filter suggestions.

I would suggest Fractal's new cases from their Define or Meshify series since you get an extra top panel to have it solid as opposed to being ventilated. You could look at older cases which aren't exactly good for hot headed hardware as you've partially listed above.

Sep 15, 2023
Since choosing a PC case is personal choice, take your pick,
pcpp: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,10000&sort=price&A=0&B=3,4&f=2&t=3&J=1,20

Pcpp list is filtered to: TG side panel, no included PSU, ATX mid tower, ATX MoBo, at least one internal 3.5" mount and price up to €100.
Note: prices are Germany market prices. So, you being somewhere else in EU, it may have different prices/availability.

Did look the list and i couldn't find a PC case without top fan grille. Some PC cases even include top mounted fans, that you can uninstall. Probably the best part is, that some PC cases include the ever so important RGB.
Yeah I know about partpicker, tho I did not seen any option for filter cases without top fans. And going through all of them 1 by 1 seems highly time comsuimg, so I thought I might ask some people who might have something similar at home or have the name on top of the head if they work with it all day long.

As for the RGB its not necessity, tho I would give it a try if the price is reasonable. Afterall I know the case on the table, and since the system is planned to be expensive, I might aswell make it look decent.

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
That is an excellent case for ventilation. The front intake is excellent and will hit your 4090 or 5080 or whichever GPU, and help cool it.

There aren't many cases (or any) that don't have at least a mesh on top. You don't have to install fans there if you want the air to move front to back.

The beQuiet Silent Base 802 has a closed or mesh top. You can choose which to install.
It's expensive though.
Fractal Design Define R6 is closed on top, but it's front intake is compromised.

Other cases to consider:
Zalman R2 - cheapest you can get that fits your requirements (except solid top)
Montech AIR 903 BASE/MAX - Max comes with aRGB fans; costs more
Fractal Design Focus 2 - Has a smaller mesh opening on top, but is designed for front to back airflow; fans
Gigabyte C301 - Has mesh on top, but is designed for front to back airflow; comes with aRGB fans
Fractal Focus G and Core 2500 have no mesh, just holes on top for fans. Not ideal

Solution
Sep 15, 2023
6| Where are you located in Europe? You've mentioned the currency/budget but we'll need to know your preferred site for purchase and if Amazon is out of the picture, please pass on sites you have access to and we can understand how to filter suggestions.

I would suggest Fractal's new cases from their Define or Meshify series since you get an extra top panel to have it solid as opposed to being ventilated. You could look at older cases which aren't exactly good for hot headed hardware as you've partially listed above.
Hey thanks for reply, Im from Czech Republic.

I have taken a look at the Fractal Design Define but that one seem to have also covered front panel which I want to have it open. Simply I want airflow intake the front (none from the top - best if covered) and outtake from the back.

The Fractal Design Meshify, cost around 125e with the RGB (105e without it) so that one might do, Altho best one so far I guess (as the previous fractal was for 135e and no RGB) but Im still looking for more suggestions.

Reactions: 35below0

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Hey thanks for reply, Im from Czech Republic.

I have taken a look at the Fractal Design Define but that one seem to have also covered front panel which I want to have it open. Simply I want airflow intake the front (none from the top - best if covered) and outtake from the back.

The Fractal Design Meshify, cost around 125e with the RGB (105e without it) so that one might do, Altho best one so far I guess (as the previous fractal was for 135e and no RGB) but Im still looking for more suggestions.
The Silent Base is the only one i know that has a closed top, and is NOT also closed front/side.
Expensive as hell but you only live once. Good case for the money.

The Meshify is not closed on top.

Sep 15, 2023

It's expensive though.
Fractal Design Define R6 is closed on top, but it's front intake is compromised.

Other cases to consider:
Zalman R2 - cheapest you can get that fits your requirements (except solid top)
Montech AIR 903 BASE/MAX - Max comes with aRGB fans; costs more
Fractal Design Focus 2 - Has a smaller mesh opening on top, but is designed for front to back airflow; fans
Gigabyte C301 - Has mesh on top, but is designed for front to back airflow; comes with aRGB fans
Fractal Focus G and Core 2500 have no mesh, just holes on top for fans. Not ideal
I guess I will pick something from your suggestions! :) But also "Lutfij" user was very helpful! Thanks again guys :) If anyone else have some something on top of the mind let me know I might check, thanks again :)