Looking for first time PC build advice

Zekiel

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hi there,

First of all I'd like to apologize for potential English mistakes as it is not my mother tongue and as you may know, we French are not too good when it comes to the language.

As the title indicates I'm looking to build a computer for the first time, making me a total newbie when it comes to compatibility, GPU brands, PSU requirements, case specifications etc..

Here is the part list I've come to so far (template below) :

Processor
AMD FX 6300

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

Case
Bitfenix Shinobi.

Ram
4x2Gb Crucial Ballistix

Graphics card
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC With Boost

Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda, 1 Tb

Power Supply
Seasonic MII12 520W or 620W (?)

CPU Cooler
Cooler Master TX3 EVO

Optical Drive
Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE

OS
Windows 8.1 (70€)

Following the forum indications I've filled the template :

Approximate Purchase Date: this week / a month from now

Budget Range: 600-800 including Windows (I get it for 70€)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, occasional Photoshop projects.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: All, new build.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.fr, although I'll probably use a french site named Topachat.com

Parts Preferences: AMD as I believe they are better for budget gaming PCs

Overclocking: most probably not.

SLI or Crossfire: most probably not.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x900

Additional Comments: Would prefer a silent build which can run games at 30-50 fps on high settings.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: my now 5 (or so) years old computer is starting to have some trouble doing everyday tasks, and my Nvidia GT220 GPU is quite terrible..

Any tips regarding this build I would greatly appreciate as I have spent the last few days looking at reviews and guides, trying to find the best (or a very good) performance/price build.

Solution
if you are not overclocking the 520W will be fine, it's from a quality manufacturer (Seasonic is the best in my opinion)

As to the value, kind of hard for me to say as I'm the USA and I realize that pricing on things aren't necessarily a USD$ to other currency equivalent.

Zekiel

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Do you think its a good value build for 705€ ?

Edit: oh and also, is a 520W PSU enough for this build ?

animal

Distinguished
if you are not overclocking the 520W will be fine, it's from a quality manufacturer (Seasonic is the best in my opinion)

As to the value, kind of hard for me to say as I'm the USA and I realize that pricing on things aren't necessarily a USD$ to other currency equivalent.

Solution

Zekiel

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Thank you very much !