Looking for monitor suggestions based on my filled out "start here form".

Jul 22, 2018
Hallo TH Community!

I am planning on buying a new monitor shortly. My exisiting monitor (BenQ GL2450) will then serve as a second screen. If possible I would love a matte design with thin bezels (I know my current monitor has rather ugly, shiny bezels). I looked around and found three models that look promising to me:
BenQ GW2480, BenQ GW2470, Viewsonic VG2448 but I am open to any suggestions.

I filled out the sheet, found in the "look here first thread":

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
-> Germany

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
-> Casual Gaming (mostly Open World RPGs, ARPGs, City Buiders)
-> Software Engineering (I study computer science)

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
-> 24 inch, Full-HD (1080p). (I will mount my existing monitor vertically for programming needs).

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
-> My current monitor has 60hz and I never felt like I needed more. Also I guess monitors with a higher refresh rate do not fit my budget.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
-> 150€ - 200€ (student with small budget).

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
-> No preference. The monitor must be mountable to a monitor arm, though.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
-> Again, no preference.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
-> No, just the one.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
-> Up to 4 (MSI GTX 1060 Gaming). GeForce Game Ready Driver v417.71 (latest as of this writing).

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
-> Preferably Display Port, though HDMI would be fine as I would then connect my existing display via DVI.

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
-> New monitor supposed to be primary display, existing one will be used as second display.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through my post and for any input that you might share! Have a great day.

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No. It's for my desktop computer

Feb 20, 2019
I would suggest that you should consider a monitor with higher resolution or higher hz, because a gtx 1060 gaming, can deliver better performance as to what your monitor would be able to show.

I would recommend a 100 or 144 hz monitor. Because higher hz is in my opinion more important to a enjoyable experience while gaming.