[SOLVED] Looking for my next keyboard along impossible criterias | pls help

Wikingking

Commendable
Nov 11, 2019
Hello!

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard for my RGB system I've bought before Christmas. So far, I have little luck to find the "one", but mabye the common wisdom of the community can help me out. Here are my criterias:
  • Mechanical or membrane: I only had the latter and I'm quite afraid of mechanical, also, there are literally dozens of different types. Clicky, non-clicky, linear, yellow, brown, red...like wtf :D I guess my preference here is to have it as "membrane" as it can be, so no loud noises like if it was the 70s office. I understand that most high-end stuff will be mechanical.
  • Key design: I like chiclet design with as short travel distance as possible. I currently own an A4tech KD-800L and would keep it going if it had any other lighting than blue. In the office I use some basic Dell stuff which is chiclet so I really prefer it, OR that the key should not have a "trapezoid" look from the side if you know what I mean.
  • RGB: the more the merrier, but I guess I am fine if there are only a few selected colors or if there's no individual key lighting. I'd love to have it 16,7 million though so I could sync up the most weird colors if I have the urge :)
  • Price: at this point, if there's a perfect one, I don't really care.
  • General design, language, etc.: I like them full frame so no TKL, other than that, no real preference. I'm Hungarian, so a local QWERTZ keyboard would be ideal but I have no illusions here.
  • Brand: no preference. I have ASUS board (aura sync) and a HyperX mouse so naturally I'd like to avoid installing a 3rd or 4th software to handle lights, but it's no big deal either.

Thank you! Please feel free to offer any model.
Just fyi: currently I really like Redragon's K502 Kaura, which has its issues, but cheap af and has many of the preferred traits. Still looking for an option which has all this but at a higher quality level.

Solution
Logitech has low profile membrane switch keyboards, although not sure exactly what models from them have RGB or just single color backlight. Your pick of checklet key membrane keyboards are keeping you in a small selection, most people that want RGB good quality keyboards would not go near a chicklet style membrane keyboard, they are mushy and with bad typing feel, in the "I'll use it if I must" category, which means keyboard makers don't make them with many options for enthusiasts or gaming which is the main market for RGB lighting or quality build and good switches.

If you want a mechanical keyboard with a membrane noise level and non-clicky/tactile feel the MX Silent is good, There is the HyperX - Alloy Core which is membrane but...
Logitech has low profile membrane switch keyboards, although not sure exactly what models from them have RGB or just single color backlight. Your pick of checklet key membrane keyboards are keeping you in a small selection, most people that want RGB good quality keyboards would not go near a chicklet style membrane keyboard, they are mushy and with bad typing feel, in the "I'll use it if I must" category, which means keyboard makers don't make them with many options for enthusiasts or gaming which is the main market for RGB lighting or quality build and good switches.

If you want a mechanical keyboard with a membrane noise level and non-clicky/tactile feel the MX Silent is good, There is the HyperX - Alloy Core which is membrane but with standard keys but as RGB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wikingking
Solution