Looking for new cheap laptop

matthewperacio

Reputable
Dec 21, 2018
I know I know you guys probably get a ton of these per day but

1. What is your budget?
500 max i think

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size just not too small
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080 preferred
14. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
idk what this is
5. How much battery life do you need?
dont know this either
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium/low ( games like league of legends, pummel party, euro truck sim )
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
No clue
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
like 256GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any sites
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Im in my last year of highschool so im probably going to use this in college
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Idk
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any, just more known i guess
13. What country do you live in?
USA/Brazil
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

So back in Brazil I have a PC but Im living in the US for a bit so im looking for a laptop that isnt that expensive. Im probably going to use this in college aswell so would be nice if it worked for that. Aswell as a bit of gaming

I know I know you guys probably get a ton of these per day but

1. What is your budget?
500 max i think

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size just not too small
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080 preferred
14. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
idk what this is
5. How much battery life do you need?
dont know this either
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium/low ( games like league of legends, pummel party, euro truck sim )
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
No clue
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
like 256GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any sites
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Im in my last year of highschool so im probably going to use this in college
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Idk
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any, just more known i guess
13. What country do you live in?
USA/Brazil
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

So back in Brazil I have a PC but Im living in the US for a bit so im looking for a laptop that isnt that expensive. Im probably going to use this in college aswell so would be nice if it worked for that. Aswell as a bit of gaming

Any size not too small, what is too small? You want a full size screen, so 14-15" or so?

For games with your budget you are probably either looking at a used system with a real video card, maybe one with nVidia 1050 Ti for about 500 USD, or a new one with a Ryzen 5 CPU.

Something like this Dell would work for you, Ryzen 5 is good for easy to run games at 1080, 256 gb drive is enough to keep a couple of games installed https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-i...Ea33Y797eRrJGRa1wphoCr1UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You may want to move up a bit in price, you can't upgrade laptops past the drive and RAM so buying the best thing you can now will save you a lot of hassle in the future when you try to run things and it's too slow for you. Ryzen 7 is maybe $150 more https://www.newegg.com/lenovo-81yq0... laptop-_-34-645-065-_-Product&quicklink=true

Acer Nitro 5 is also pretty cheap if you keep the drive and RAM specs lower https://www.amazon.com/Acer-i5-9300...g=p00935-20&ascsubtag=02Oiz4syfv2f8w1oVw6uGOh