Looking for OEM drivers online

Mike

Splendid

I'm working on an older Compaq Presario. I think the model is CM0204,
since this is the only number found on the machine (on the back).

Anyway, the original HDD went bad, and I had to do a clean boot of
Win98SE. However, as you probably can guess, I can't find the drivers
to reinstall the onboard video and sound. We don't have the original
Compaq restore CD, since this is a second hand, older machine.

I can't seem to find these drivers online, and don't know exactly what
to look for. Compaq.com didn't have anything that matched the CM0204,
but that might be the wrong thing to search for.

Does anyone know where I could find these drivers? TIA,

Mike

hh

You could try installing Compaq Diags for Windows 95/98. It should read your
asset info and tell you what Presario you have. The Diags softPaq SP8886.EXE
can be found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=92853&os=20&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=33968

HH

"Mike" <csdude@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an older Compaq Presario. I think the model is CM0204,
> since this is the only number found on the machine (on the back).
>
> Anyway, the original HDD went bad, and I had to do a clean boot of
> Win98SE. However, as you probably can guess, I can't find the drivers
> to reinstall the onboard video and sound. We don't have the original
> Compaq restore CD, since this is a second hand, older machine.
>
> I can't seem to find these drivers online, and don't know exactly what
> to look for. Compaq.com didn't have anything that matched the CM0204,
> but that might be the wrong thing to search for.
>
> Does anyone know where I could find these drivers? TIA,
>
> Mike

What is the model number on the front? Presario and four digits. Use this info
to look up the model in the hPaq tech support area. From there, you may be
lucky enough to find the drivers.

The other way to go about it is to identify the video and audio chipsets, then
download the drivers from the CHIP manufacturers' web sites.

.... Ben Myers