Discussion Looking for other peoples opinion on acers rma process

Status
Not open for further replies.

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
Today I was using my computer like normal, went to take a nap got up and I noticed when I turned my computer on my monitor just had a white screen with some weird gray things popping up. My monitor already had issues running at 240hz at times so I figured it was either my cable or the monitor, and today I guess I found out which one it really was. So at first I was kind of hopeful thinking maybe its just the cable so I unplug display cable to switch over to the hdmi cable that ran from my other monitor and I noticed that it was doing the same exact thing without any display or hdmi cable plugged in at all. Anyways its been pretty upsetting because I think I paid about $500 because it was a a 27' 240hz IPS display, and I don't have that much space so I tossed the original box after I set everything up, so now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna get the materials to ship the thing back. I'm probably gonna ship it without the stand because I think a great majority of its weight comes from that alone.

The main reason why I made this thread though is because I wanted to know if anyone else has ever sent an RMA to acer, and if so how did it go?

I had to RMA monitors twice to Acer and both times got them back with the same issue.
Amazon took one back after Acers failed to repaired it and gave me a refund.
The other unit was repaired after Newegg intervened.
Newegg handled dealing with Acer "customer/tech support"...Acer took it back a 2nd time and it was repaired.
Of course if got all scratched on the back but I let it go, peace of mind.
Because of that experience, I try not to buy or recommend Acer products.
I also checked Acer online reviews and it appears to be a common occurrence.
I do hope you have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.