Question Looking for personal recommendations on a 650w PSU.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2919331
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2919331

As the title suggests i’m looking for some personal recommendations on a new 650w PSU with maybe a brief overview of why you think it’s good. I’ve read through the tier list but I always like to get a tiny sprinkle of personal accounts when ordering a crucial component.
A few pointers:
  • Budget: £110 max
  • Preferably modular or semi modular.
  • Preferably not multi rail.
  • For an ATX case.

Thanks!

For that price, this is the unit you want. The Seasonic Prime Gold 650w.

It has a better platform that the closest competitor, the Corsair RMx, actually probably competing more with the Corsair HX in terms of quality aside from the HX being a Platinum efficiency rating. Aside from that though, the Prime platform, regardless of whether Gold, Platinum or Titanium series, is one of the best platforms on the consumer market AND this unit comes with a 12 year warranty which is virtually impossible to beat. This unit was about 175 bucks not long ago. It's also extremely quiet, not even turning the fan on until the unit reaches 40% load.

It is also a single rail unit.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£99.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £99.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-07 17:46 BST+0100

If you want this might be worth your time to read as well.

D

Deleted member 2919331

For that price, this is the unit you want. The Seasonic Prime Gold 650w.

It has a better platform that the closest competitor, the Corsair RMx, actually probably competing more with the Corsair HX in terms of quality aside from the HX being a Platinum efficiency rating. Aside from that though, the Prime platform, regardless of whether Gold, Platinum or Titanium series, is one of the best platforms on the consumer market AND this unit comes with a 12 year warranty which is virtually impossible to beat. This unit was about 175 bucks not long ago. It's also extremely quiet, not even turning the fan on until the unit reaches 40% load.

It is also a single rail unit.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£99.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £99.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-07 17:46 BST+0100

If you want this might be worth your time to read as well.

That’s brilliant, thank you very much. I am very intrigued by that warranty, I think that’s actually the best one i’ve seen so far.

logainofhades

Titan
D

Deleted member 2919331

Given the budget, it isn't a terrible idea to go with a larger wattage unit, to give you some upgrade headroom. Next gen graphics cards, for instance, are expected to be quite power hungry.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£104.99 @ AWD-IT)
Total: £104.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-07 18:22 BST+0100
That certainly is a very tempting price for a good quality 850 watt, I didn’t realise you could get an 850 watt for that cheap if i’m being honest. Is there any reason you would choose the Seasonic Prime 650w somebody else suggested over this Corsair model? (Apart from the slightly longer warranty.)