Question Looking for possible mistakes I have with a future build, intermediate - advanced PC builder.

SenSe1

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hey, so, I've had my pc for well over 4 years now, it runs on Intel 8500, DDR4 8x2 3200mhz and an AMD RX 590, I've decided that it is time to upgrade, I've build my PC, my sisters' and two for my friends, problem is, the one I am building soon is high budget at least for me and I don't want to screw anything up because I caused a bottleneck or something, therefore, I will list here the parts which I intend to use in my build, recommendations will be gladly taken.

Motherboard - Gigabyte B660 GAMING X (DDR 5).

CPU - Intel Core i5 13400F / 1700.

CPU Cooling - Corsair Water Cooling H100i Elite Capellix White.

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 4060 GV-N4060AERO OC-8GD.

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 16x2 5200 mhz DDR 5

Case - Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB TG Case White.

PSU - A 650W Corsair PSU which I'll be taking from my current PC.

Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200, a SATA powered 512GB SanDisk SSD (pretty crappy tbh) both taken from my current pc, I also intend on getting an nvme M.2 SSD, just not sure which yet, recommendations will be taken gladly!

Thanks in advance! Tal.

That motherboard has 2 M.2 ports, one of which support PCIe 4.0. So you might consider an NVMe 4.0 drive; not a big advantage over 3.0, but I'd probably do it.

Do you have a strong preference for liquid cooling for some reason?

2 TB SSDs are so cheap now, you might consider ditching that spinning drive entirely.

What is the total cost of those parts you list and is that right at the top of your budget?

Hey, so, I've had my pc for well over 4 years now, it runs on Intel 8500, DDR4 8x2 3200mhz and an AMD RX 590, I've decided that it is time to upgrade, I've build my PC, my sisters' and two for my friends, problem is, the one I am building soon is high budget at least for me and I don't want to screw anything up because I caused a bottleneck or something, therefore, I will list here the parts which I intend to use in my build, recommendations will be gladly taken.

Motherboard - Gigabyte B660 GAMING X (DDR 5).

CPU - Intel Core i5 13400F / 1700.

CPU Cooling - Corsair Water Cooling H100i Elite Capellix White.

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 4060 GV-N4060AERO OC-8GD.

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 16x2 5200 mhz DDR 5

Case - Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB TG Case White.

PSU - A 650W Corsair PSU which I'll be taking from my current PC.

Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200, a SATA powered 512GB SanDisk SSD (pretty crappy tbh) both taken from my current pc, I also intend on getting an nvme M.2 SSD, just not sure which yet, recommendations will be taken gladly!

Thanks in advance! Tal.
If you can spare a few more bucks consider a 13400 note the missing F.
It's nice to have that igp for backup.

SenSe1

Reputable
May 10, 2019
That motherboard has 2 M.2 ports, one of which support PCIe 4.0. So you might consider an NVMe 4.0 drive; not a big advantage over 3.0, but I'd probably do it.

Do you have a strong preference for liquid cooling for some reason?

2 TB SSDs are so cheap now, you might consider ditching that spinning drive entirely.

What is the total cost of those parts you list and is that right at the top of your budget?
Not really a preference for liquid cooling, honestly it's my first time building a computer with water cooling, luckily its aio, I honestly looked for a fan that would fit the white aesthetic of my build and perform well and I couldn't find one to my liking so I went with that corsair aio, the total cost of the parts I have listed up here comes up to 1150$ US.